CF-5A Undercarriage colours

Graham T

On 8/26/2022 at 9:44 AM, Graham T said:

Building the Kinetic kit but no guidance in the instructions regarding legs, wheels, bays & inside of the doors.  Any guidance?

Graham,

Agreeing with @Tony Edmundsonon the color. Here are a few from Cannon AFB in the mid 80's. Such as they are.

IMG_0096 IMG_0101 IMG_0123

Just a variety of sorts.

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

Edited by f111guru
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Murph said:

I spent a year at Cannon one afternoon.

Regards,

Murph

Makes “the Deid” look inviting. 

Short final into Cannon years age (a few F-111’s still on the ramp)…I’m looking around at nothing/nothing. Look over at my pilot and ask “who the h$&k lives here”?  He responds along the lines of “quick, let’s get our gas, file, and hope we don’t break”.  AFSOC folks there now say it hasn’t changed. 

Cheers

Collin

On 8/29/2022 at 6:40 AM, Collin said:

Makes “the Deid” look inviting. 

Short final into Cannon years age (a few F-111’s still on the ramp)…I’m looking around at nothing/nothing. Look over at my pilot and ask “who the h$&k lives here”?  He responds along the lines of “quick, let’s get our gas, file, and hope we don’t break”.  AFSOC folks there now say it hasn’t changed. 

Cheers

Collin

My experience was my Nav Check in the T-38.  Once I got done my instrument approaches the IP took the plane and I could finally pull the bag back.  After looking around I can remember thinking "I'm a 2nd Lt, I don't know a lot, but I know I don't want to ever be stationed here."

Regards,

Murph