1980's science magazine.Name of.

seanrx

Just now, looking at an extract from one of the issues of Look Alive in 1982, which briefly mentioned three possible causes for the extinction of the dinosaurs, I noticed there was no mention of asteroid impact. Interesting. [Didn't some dinosaurs build a spacecraft and head off for the Delta Quadrant, it is believed by some? So they may not be extinct.]

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Peter2 said:

. [Didn't some dinosaurs build a spacecraft and head off for the Delta Quadrant, it is believed by some? So they may not be extinct.]

I thought it was failure to evolve opposable thumbs that led to the dinosaurs being unable to turn the thermostat up when things got a bit chilly ?  :)

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Peter2 said:

Great news that you tracked it down. Can I ask how you found the answer to your query? (I am interested in the outcome of these kind of literary "detective" searches.) 

It was the British Comics site.

Twice i was told of Look&Learn magazine which led me to its history on the above website, only a small article of the Look Alive mag.

Must to follow a link for full history of the six issues published.

6 hours ago, seanrx said:

It was the British Comics site.

Within that site lies hours of web-surfing through memories, It not only have comics but also covers many Magazines that will be well known to those on this forum. 

Thanks, seanrx. Off-topic anecdote: my brother when he was a youngster got the war comic "Warlord" every week, and because he wanted to keep them all together, our Dad used to bind them into large homemade binders (which Dad used to make from cardboard and vinyl leatherette), stored on the bedroom. I wonder did anyone else bind their comics? I kind of doubt it was common practice! Unfortunately the comics didn't survive the passing years, despite the bindings: otherwise some wealthy collector might have been interested. Proof that nothing should be thrown out, ever. [Despite what those spoilsport anti-Hoarding TV programmes try to teach us.] Still, it's interesting to know that websites exist where old comics can be looked up.

6 hours ago, Peter2 said:

Proof that nothing should be thrown out, ever. [Despite what those spoilsport anti-Hoarding TV programmes try to teach us.] 

All together now,  " IT'S NOT A HOARD, IT'S A STASH"    :)

• Haha 2

Fascinating analysis, Captain! Mr Carroll's mention of CB radios in the Look Alive comic reminds us that in 1982 CBs were "a thing" in the UK and elsewhere. Now so many people have portable telephones, (whose batteries last for several hours I'm told), I predict it's unlikely CB will become widespread again in these islands. And I say that using my handle, "Disco Dinosaur". 10-100, We Gone...