Super Mirage F1

GiampieroSilvestri

As the Super Mirage F1 had the Klimov SMR-95 engine and Russian missiles did it also have Russian electronic and the K-36 Ejection seat?I have an Esci 1/48 scale Mirage F-1AZ and maybe I modify it into the Super Mirage F1.

Thank you very much

Saluti

Giampiero

miragef1vpcwa.jpg

miragef130df2d.jpg

Edited by GiampieroSilvestri
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, drake122 said:

Now, I don't have an answer to your question, but I just want to say I would love to have that 1:1 scale model in my stash. And also the Mirage, of course.🤩

Cost/benefit analysis?... the Mirage is cheaper! 😉😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, J.C. Bahr said:

Cost/benefit analysis?... the Mirage is cheaper! 😉😆

1:1 scale Mirage is cheaper? 😱 What is it with women these days.🤣

Anyway, to help the author, here is a Super Mirage conversion kit by Scaleworx and the ejection seat is definitely not K-36...

• Like 2

On 8/26/2022 at 4:19 PM, GiampieroSilvestri said:

As the Super Mirage F1 had the Klimov SMR-95 engine and Russian missiles did it also have Russian electronic and the K-36 Ejection seat?I have an Esci 1/48 scale Mirage F-1AZ and maybe I modify it into the Super Mirage F1.

Thank you very much

Saluti

Giampiero

miragef1vpcwa.jpg

miragef130df2d.jpg

Just the engine. Rest was as before.

Not sure the missiles were ever actually integrated - hung for show i think.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Vlamgat9 said:

Just the engine. Rest was as before.

some pics with ejection seat visible:

https://combatace.com/uploads/monthly_08_2009/post-20260-1250684380.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/844663832555159593/859946977113800744/3895693.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eo-dbxgXMAIdfgH?format=jpg&name=small

the the project did not succeed for various reasons, no further intgration of other stuff was done...

but it flew!

Eo-cKXcXYAAsoup?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Vlamgat9 said:

The R-73 was integrated enough that they did windtunnel tests and flight tests with it. Known locally as the V3P. Not sure if the ever fired one but I believe they did. They (Atlas/Denel/Kentron) used a pair of retired F1CZ's for missile testing of which the V3P was one.

9 hours ago, GiampieroSilvestri said:

I read that unlike the Atlas Cheetah that suffered from vibrations the Mirage F1 with the Klimov engine flew extremely well but the south african gouvernement "prefered" to buy the Saab Gripen instead.

Saluti

Giampiero

There were no issues with the Cheetah what so ever. It only flew later and had a less public life compared to the F1. Even the chief designer for the engine conversion project has no idea where all the rumours of problems with the Cheetah arose.

Buying a proper 4th gen fighter to operate as your future frontline fighter rather than trying to soup up already souped up aircraft from the 60's is just sound and defense planning. Initially Gripen would also have had a large local support industry rather than being reliant on Saab support contracts. In the end they did neither which is one factor contributing to the mess they are in today. But this goes far beyond the scope of this Thread.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Slater said:

I have to ask - is the young lady perched on the Mirage part of a planned photo shoot or was this impromptu? 

There are several photos with differing models out there, was some open day.

Just Google for Siper Mirage F1

18 hours ago, exdraken said:

Just Google for Siper Mirage F1

"Super" might result in more hits. ;)

Anyway, this may give me something to do with my old Esci 1/72nd kit and a surplus MiG-29 exhaust.

Cheers,

Andrr

• Haha 1