1/144 Armory Ukrainian SU-24M Fencer - Finished

JTninja

First Blitzbuild, so bringing in a bit of a challenge.

I've been building a few Ukrainian aircraft lately, so why not add another. It appears pretty simple yet detailed, and the decals will make the camo pattern lay down much quicker than paint. I'll probably start working on it Saturday night.

XK9sDgz.jpg

BFXnTuD.jpg

Edited by JTninja
Finished
  • Like 12

• JTninja changed the title to 1/144 Armory Ukrainian SU-24M Fencer

Busy weekend so far. Spent yesterday in Portland shooting a private Indycar test for next weeks Grand Prix. 

01SNRgm.jpg

However, this meant I got home late, and sunburnt, so I've spent much of today resting and recovering. But now we start after 7pm on Saturday!

VKHgn0O.jpg

So far much of the time has been spent cleaning up the parts of flash, of which there is plenty. Started with some of the bigger pieces, and have gone with the wings tucked in. The exhaust exit  fit wasn't perfect, but due to the nature of this build, I probably wont get a lot of time to fix it.

dN9wM0d.jpg

Also working on the cockpit. For some reason, I have tiny joysticks to attach haha. Now to make dinner for my dad and get him ready for bed, so we'll take a pause

tPxssJd.jpg

• Like 5

Got a little bit of time while some glue dries, so heres todays update so far

HuT5Iyn.jpg

Filled the major seams in the rear

2at2aGW.jpeg

Laid down the cockpit decals

PeNITKu.jpeg

Upper and lower cockpit mated, with the seams filled, and nose cone glued.

WSFqTOB.jpeg

Each rear landing gear is 4 separate pieces, with no indication on how to assemble. I decided to build it in place as I went

38SPYgi.jpeg

Testing some glue for hazing. Need to attach the canopy, tape the glass, and attach to fuselage. I'll get some food for now

Gqymx8C.jpeg 

• Like 6

• JTninja changed the title to 1/144 Armory Ukrainian SU-24M Fencer - Finished