Reskit RS72-0287 Hawker Hurricane Mk1 (5 spoke) wheels are too small!

Lindsey C

Hi guys,

Can't find any complaints on 'tinternet'. I have just received an order which includes 3 sets of aftermarket Reskit 1:72 resin wheels (RS72-0287) for early Hurricanes I will be building later. They are far too small and are more like 1:100 scale. They are far smaller than all other kits I have! The tail wheel is ok. In the same order are sets of Reskit Bf109E wheels and the size is fine (cracking looking detail!). Anyone else purchased said RS72-0287 wheels and anyone know the outside diameter of an actual Hurricane Mk1 tyre?

Regards,

Lindsey

Edited by Lindsey C
extra info

26 minutes ago, Lindsey C said:

They are far smaller than all other kits I have!

Note. The wheels supplied in the Airfix Mk.I fabric kit are too big (try fitting them through the UC bay opening)  but the retracted option look OK 

I found this,  difficult to say from this, the tyres look a bit small...  there was a problem with the resin wheels in the Eduard Hurristory boxing of the Arma Hobby kit being too small initially. 

RS72-0287_1-800x800_1024x1024.jpg?v=1642

though I noticed they do a set of "ResKit RS72-288 1/72 Hawker Hurricane late type 1 wheels set (square block tread)"  I have never seen a WW2 era Hurricane with treaded tyres.

HTH

• Thanks 1

Hi Troy,

The Eduard 'Hurristory' wrong wheels are about 1:144. I have 2 pairs of them! I also have spare Airfix 'big' wheels that got replaced! lol. These Reskit ones look to be around 1:90. I think they did 'an Eduard'! 🤣 They look distinctly small the second you see them.

a6bcf6698783158426bf1a7049aa8d63.jpg

Methinks they will be returned 🙄

Lindsey

Edited by Lindsey C