A big gun on wheels - Italeri M110 1/35 or small gun on a PzIII?

Dave_R

Hi All,

Having missed the last few Blitzbuilds I was determined to do this one.  But typically things have been going progressively wrong.  I ordered a Tamiya Pz.III on Monday morning thinking that should be plenty of time for a 48hr Royal Mail delivery, what I didn't know that there was going to be a postal strike this Friday.  Well of course it didn't arrive this morning and it's a doubtful that'll arrive Saturday.  So this morning I signed up for an Amazon Prime subscription (1 months free trial) and ordered an alternate kit this:-

-iPYIQEFDqhCuIrE4jk11QBv7rSFqRhz8ONAQiSK

Hopefully I can collect it tomorrow.

Also I have had "technical difficulties" with linking images, so please let me know if you can't see the above image.

Dave.

Edited by Dave_R
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Dave_R said:

Also I have had "technical difficulties" with linking images, so please let me know if you can't see the above image.

I can't see it - good luck with the build though.

Hi All,

I've got off to a bit of late start, but here we go.

hXxo8E.jpg

24 hours to turn this pile of plastic into something... 

Unbelievably while I was typing the last bit the Postie turned up with the PzIII I'd original wanted to do! should I change plans and the do PzIII or stick with the big gun? dunno - what would Enzo do? 

Dave.

• Like 1

• Dave_R changed the title to A big gun on wheels - Italeri M110 1/35 or small gun on a PzIII?
3 hours ago, Dave_R said:

Unbelievably while I was typing the last bit the Postie turned up with the PzIII I'd original wanted to do! should I change plans and the do PzIII or stick with the big gun? dunno - what would Enzo do? 

@Enzo Matrix would build both I reckon. 😆

• Like 1

Hi All,

It's taken a lot longer to get the hull and turret built than I thought it it would, but it's done.

CHSxet.jpg

So now going to have something to eat and then get the wheels painted, clean up the joins etc. and tomorrow do the main painting.

Dave.  🇺🇦

• Like 4

Hi All,

This is where I'm calling it a day for today.

O03JRT.jpg

By waking up late this morning and doing a shopping run I'd already blown the the "Sidekick" option so I'm going with the "Great Escape option".  So that's 12 hours for Saturday and 6 hours for today leaving me 6 hours for tomorrow.  So there's tracks to be painted, tools to be attached and weathering to be done.

Dave.  🇺🇦

Edited by Dave_R
  • Like 5

Gidday Dave, I agree with the others above, she/it looks great. I found that a problem with the Super Hero option is towards the end, finding things that could be done while paint is drying. It looks like you'll certainly make the Great Escape option. Regards, Jeff.

Hi All,

MO5ikE.jpg

I'm afraid I'm going to have to leave it here for today -  I'm not feeling well, something I ate I think, I'm going back bed.  So no decals, no weathering. I'll carry on later this week and post some proper photos later.

Dave. 🇺🇦

• Sad 1