RFI: Eduard 1/48 Bf109G-10 Night Fighter Mosquito Hunter

Greetings Friends-  Its been a while for me posting here.  I had alot of health issues that stopped modelling.  My cateracts getting worse, and so its hard to see.  So in response, I decided on a simple all one-color project!  Here is an Eduard 1/48 Bf109G10 in a NJG11 Night Fighter scheme in the Eduard kit.  It was a splendid kit and built really great.

This scheme is called a Mosquito Hunter and is all RLM76 with white markings and makes a cool looking model.  As I said, I can't see very good, so I am sure there are areas I goofed up, but hey, it looks great to my bad eyes!  I built this from box with the only modification being adding a CMK Bf109 pilot designed for the Eduard kit.  This resin pilot was great and fit in easy!  I wish Eduard would offer pilots for their kits as they offer everything else.  A Pilot adds life to any model...  Enjoy and let me know what you think!spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 40
  • Thanks 1

Oh wow. That's super modelling, brilliant.

I sympathise about the eyesight, it's a terrible affliction and an awful thing to lose. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that maybe surgery will help the cataracts.

Regards

Pete

• Thanks 1

Was blind and now I see! Cataract operation will change your life. My father did it and his eyes sight were like new! Great RLM76 Me 109. Cheers.

3 minutes ago, Zigomar said:

Was blind and now I see! Cataract operation will change your life. My father did it and his eyes sight were like new! Great RLM76 Me 109. Cheers.

Thanks Zig...  i plan to get it done in November.  

Excellent Gustav! Those subtle modulations of the paintwork really makes it come alive.

I wonder how many Mossies they managed to bag, what with no radar and ditto operator to help out. Were the pilots depending on the searchlights on the flak towers?

Best of luck with your operation!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Steve 1602 said:

That’s a great finish - I really like the subtle variations in the scheme 

Thanks guys...  i just preshaded and painted each panel separately...

• Like 1