What music are you playing VIII.

Vince1159

10 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

7 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Oh, now you're talking!! Rock 'n' Roll royalty. I used to be able to play the piano solo with just two fingers for this one.

Live only 200 some miles from clear lake and plan on going one year for the memorial. Sadly coming home from Montana years ago I drove right by it in the dark. If I had realized I would have stopped for a moment. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 3

On 1/22/2023 at 8:37 AM, hairystick said:

Well... after years of poking fun at certain "artists", I stumbled on a few modern tracks such as this and also Midnight Sky from BBC radio performances.

I am really impressed with her vocal range AND the quality of the musicians with her.

Surprisingly I appear to now be a fan. Pump this through some quality speakers or headphones - impressive!

OK!?? That's surely a Miley Cyrus lookalike? Normally I associate her voice with the sound of industrial floor sanders!  After all these years & she's done something that actually sounds impressive. Great tune, & the band is spot on. That's a contender for adding to my iTunes library.

5 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

OK!?? That's surely a Miley Cyrus lookalike? Normally I associate her voice with the sound of industrial floor sanders!  After all these years & she's done something that actually sounds impressive. Great tune, & the band is spot on. That's a contender for adding to my iTunes library.

Also look for her Midnight Sky song (also a BBC live track), just as good!

I keep getting distracted by the drummer - the head on the tom seems really loose... which makes it sound superb!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hairystick said:

Also look for her Midnight Sky song (also a BBC live track), just as good!

I keep getting distracted by the drummer - the head on the tom seems really loose... which makes it sound superb!

Thanks for sharing that. I never thought I'd say that I would appreciate a performance from Cyrus. Maybe it's the song & she's subtly changed in her singing ability. Definitely caught the sound of that tom as well.

Just heard this. Brilliant band performance but still in two minds about her voice. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Maybe it's the song & she's subtly changed in her singing ability. Definitely caught the sound of that tom as well.

The band seems to be regulars - same drummer there!

I see her voice has changed due to heavy smoking & drinking. Due to that there was a need for surgery on her voicebox/throat, which has also changed the sound of her voice.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Pajarito said:

Ah, if Lightningboy2000 or Bullbasket could play bass like Simon Gallup... :lol: what a great band we would have!

If only I could play bass as good as him! I'm also a bit partial to the bass playing of Mick Karn

On 29/01/2023 at 23:20, Pajarito said:

Ah, if Lightningboy2000 or Bullbasket could play bass like Simon Gallup... :lol: what a great band we would have!

Unless he was a stand in once upon a time for the likes of Genesis, Floyd, ELO or Tangerine Dream, I have no idea who you're talking about.

John.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Unless he was a stand in once upon a time for the likes of Genesis, Floyd, ELO or Tangerine Dream, I have no idea who you're talking about.

John.

Here's Gallup on bass

I personally don't think he's as good as Mick Karn here..

• Like 3

On 1/24/2023 at 7:15 PM, Pete Robin said:

Shame he was a Lancashire lad. But we can't have everything.

Regards

Pete

Cracking stuff.  I had the opportunity to learn this from a Stanley Holloway 78.  It was written by Marriott Edgar, along with the likes of 'The Lion and Albert' and 'Sam, Sam, pick up tha musket'.  For some reason I particularly like the line that goes 'Noah cruised round flying his pigeons...'

Edited by JosephLalor
  • Like 1

Fantastic to see that Ukrainian band Onuka now have their music played in Nissan's new Xtrail advert. Profits that Onuka are making from the deal are going towards humanitarian aid, & much needed vehicles to transport medical & food aid.

Just listening to this..

& here's the ad...

• Like 1