What music are you playing VIII.

Vince1159

The moment every true Pink Floyd fan wanted to see. Roger Waters beckons David Gilmour and band for a reluctant wee cuddle, Live 8 London Hyde Park 02 07 05 ... I remember it well

Edited by One 48
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, jackroadkill said:

Absolutely; that's the boss showing how it's really done.

Talking of boss's in the late 80's Maradona used this at training sessions when he played at Napoli,given the fantastic result on sunday it seems right to post this...RIP to the greatest player...

I think this is just sublime.

From the talented hands of Ryuichi Sakamoto, who is currently battling stage four cancer. I don't know what his current state is. 

Merry Christmas to all who frequent these music threads on Britmodeller.

Martin 

• Like 2

Merry Christmas to all at Britmodeller and indeed to all around the world who like this time of year.

I'm not really a Christmassy person to be honest, but can get into the spirit of things when needed too, no Bah Humbugs from me :)

Spoilt myself rotten this Christmas, life was in a dip ... but for those feeling down, you just never know what's around the corner. In last 6 months of year I got my life turned around again ... really was in the doldrums for a while.

Wont say why, but there are a multitude of folk out there who must feel the same and some who think sadness (read Depression if you like) will never afflict you and are immune from my message.

I hope and wish Everyone has a happy and fulfilling life, these are strange times we live in though my friends.

But Mainly ... please lend your ears to this song, love this style of Guitar and it is in a Christmas mood.

• Like 3

On 12/25/2022 at 10:15 PM, One 48 said:

Merry Christmas to all at Britmodeller and indeed to all around the world who like this time of year.

I'm not really a Christmassy person to be honest, but can get into the spirit of things when needed too, no Bah Humbugs from me :)

Spoilt myself rotten this Christmas, life was in a dip ... but for those feeling down, you just never know what's around the corner. In last 6 months of year I got my life turned around again ... really was in the doldrums for a while.

Wont say why, but there are a multitude of folk out there who must feel the same and some who think sadness (read Depression if you like) will never afflict you and are immune from my message.

I hope and wish Everyone has a happy and fulfilling life, these are strange times we live in though my friends.

But Mainly ... please lend your ears to this song, love this style of Guitar and it is in a Christmas mood.

I've got a death metal version of Silent Night that I like to play at Christmas. I play it at work where hundreds of customers can hear it every day in the week before Christmas. As for the rest of your message, echoes my sentiments entirely. The hobby keeps things ticking over or sometimes I get a lull where I don't do much for ages & sometimes miss group build deadlines! 😉

• Like 2

Maybe the first song played in this classic BM song thread in 2023.

Please enjoy with me as we play classic old AC/DC ... Please turn this up extremely loud .... as Loud as you possibly can.

Its a Lot of Fun :)

• Like 1

Just finished watching a video recorded from BBC4, Fleetwood Mac. I think that it was recorded in 1999, and it was the 20th anniversary of the release of Rumours.  Nice to see Christine McVie doing a lot of the singing. Can't believe that she was in her mid 50's when this was recorded. She certainly didn't look it.

John.

• Like 3

Love em or hate em ... and personally do not like Bono one bit ... but, this is one brilliant song and most appropriate for today ... Happy New Year all ... sincerely.

Its a cracker of a song actually, love it  🎸

• Like 4

1 hour ago, One 48 said:

Love em or hate em ... and personally do not like Bono one bit ... but, this is one brilliant song and most appropriate for today ... Happy New Year all ... sincerely.

Its a cracker of a song actually, love it  🎸

SPOILERS!  It was today's Heardle rather appropriately.

I liked their first three albums but felt they started getting a bit pompous with their fourth (The Unforgettable Fire).  I've liked some songs from subsequent albums but that's the odd one here and there.