What music are you playing VIII.

Vince1159

1 hour ago, Vince1159 said:

Great music and film,things were a lot simpler then...

And it seems that Gas was 22 cents per US gallon! All those hydrocarbons in the air. It's a wonder anyone lived through it.

• Haha 1

On 11/15/2022 at 4:04 PM, Vince1159 said:

"And when i see what they've done to the place i called home,shame is all that i feel" (thankyou states of Guernsey)

What an amazing album Time is.

Definitely in my top five favourite albums. Apparently was very popular in the USSR on the black market when it was released.

I'm sure I once read somewhere that Yours Truly inspired this movie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Her_(film)#:~:text=The film follows Theodore Twombly,Olivia Wilde%2C and Chris Pratt.

Brilliant intro with the vocoder but shame it wasn't included in this video.

• Like 4

Bach. Toccata and fugue.

In D minor, BWV 565. Peerless, @Pete in Lincs. One of the most powerful pieces of music ever written. Gets me deep in the emotional centre every time. At a posh school I briefly attended before being kicked out (Yes!), our music teacher was a concert organist and the chapel where we assembled each morning had a cracking good organ. This was one of his favourite pieces, a fabulous way to start the school day (which soon turned to faeces regardless).

• Like 4

On 11/12/2022 at 7:55 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

Bach. Toccata and fugue. This guy is amazing! Headphones on and volume up.

Check out a "group" called Sinfonity - their version is just amazing and all played on electric guitars.

Regards

Pete

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, daldroflas said:

Really sad to hear of Wilko's passing today. As a Southend lad, I love the above footage. Watched it many a time on Youtube and always liked the story about the suit Lee Brilleaux is wearing in the footage. Unfortunately, I was a bit to young to have seen them live back then, but do remember the Kursaal well enough.

• Like 1

Thought I'd share this here, please lend this your best ears, its about 6 mins long but you need to watch until the end for proper reaction ... trust me, please don't skim :)

Band are Kings X and they are a Trio .. probably the best Trio in the world apart from Rush .... RIP Neil.

I got to see Kings X a few times in late 80's in UK Scotland, met them once and to this day I still consider Ty Tabor one of he worlds best guitar players, he's such a cool laid back guy too, loads of respect for him, Gerry and Doogie too of course.

Kings X were due to play UK this year and I had tickets, cancelled :( ... Before Covid and back in early or late 2018/2019 ish they cancelled a wee UK tour too ... love the band and not angry, but damn guys, you owe us one :)

Hope to see Kings X live again next year on our UK island ... best band ever :fool:

On 11/23/2022 at 11:23 PM, fightersweep said:

Really sad to hear of Wilko's passing today. As a Southend lad, I love the above footage. Watched it many a time on Youtube and always liked the story about the suit Lee Brilleaux is wearing in the footage. Unfortunately, I was a bit to young to have seen them live back then, but do remember the Kursaal well enough.

I never got to see them or Wilko onstage either. 

It was only a few years ago that I really got into the band and Wilko. It started when I bought the box set 'All Through The City (with Wilko 1974-1977)' which is fantastic, and a steal for less than £18.

His acting work on Game of Thrones was also much better than Ed Sheeran's sad contribution.