What music are you playing VIII.

Vince1159

Gorillaz featuring a certain Paul Simonon and Mick Jones...

...followed by a certain Mr Mick Jones and the Damned's Tony James...

...followed by a latter day Jones Strummer and Mick Jones effort...

...then all three of them together (this song is as relevant now as it was in 1978)...

• Like 5

When I was about 8 (1963), I thought Hank Marvin was so cool that I used to wear a pair of large, black, thick rimmed spectacle frames (without lenses) when I went out on my tricycle. My Auntie salvaged them from her odds-and-ends drawer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vince1159 said:

I've just watched 'We Were Soldiers' for the first time in years and this track had the same effect today as it did then....

Thats one of my favorite songs. Its been added to my list to be played at my wake sometime in the deep distant future. 

• Like 1

Hopefully, it'll stay up this time. As I said Vince, seen the stage version twice (the Burton versions), one of them with Jason Donovan playing the part of the artillery man, I've got the DVD and also the CD. So you could say that I quite like the show.

• Like 5

Moon Pix by Cat Power, bought to go with the 33 1/3 series book I have on the album.

I approached this with some trepidation; but it isn't the worst album I've heard.

Still think this is one of the best things ever seen & heard on Eurovision.

Mahoosive alpine horns that sound like a marauding herd of elephants, folk orchestra, brass section, the oddest looking (& sounding) folk music instruments & stunning band members dressed like off duty stormtroopers. Oh & there's a hurdy gurdy being played. The music is all quite dramatic in a very futuristic way which is quite an achievement considering the instruments being used.

• Like 1