What music are you playing VIII.

Vince1159

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Which group is it, as All I get is a black screen saying not allowed in my country ? I can take a look at their stuff on my own if I knew who they are ? 

Yes, as Whofan said, it's The Hollies, from Manchester. Try listening to their version of Gasoline Alley, and you'll see what I mean about harmonising.

John.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Whofan said:

@Bullbasket

if you can’t see the video it’s the Hollies, who featured one Graham Nash, who later found some fame and fortune in a nice little band called Crosby Stills and Nash. 

Ahhh @Bullbasket well my wife is a huge Hollie’s fan and Im no stranger to there music. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Whofan said:

I picked up a decent seat quite near the stage for the Birmingham show.

that 2018 tour was also the last time I saw them before Bruce’s last August. 

I never got today :( Tried at 9 AM sharp at Ticketmaster, also Live Nation, Just a loading screen at Ticketmaster, tried for an hour or so, then it stopped offering and is now showing the official ticket release of tomorrow from 9 AM. Live Nation did start offering tickets shortly after 9 AM to me but only up in the rafters that I'm not interested in ... could have got standing, but need a seat because of my hips.

Will try again tomorrow at 9 AM, was surprised, managed to get excellent seats for both Roger Waters Friday and Saturday shows  quite easily ... Iron Maiden are still Mega popular I guess :)

Did book a hotel for Iron Maiden show though and even that was hard work with slim pickings at a decentish price in Glasgow ... must be something else on too?

Buy yeah, will be there one way or another 👍

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

I never understood why this group didn't make it in the US. IMHO, they were probably the best group when it came to harmonising.

John.

Fond memories of smoochie dancing with my sweetheart as young teens to the Air That I Breath at our disco nights over in Germany when Dad was in the RAF there, great band, great songs 👍

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

A rediscovered track...

Great song and very thought provoking to add. Sounds like it might be off of the Highlander soundtrack. It has that ethereal quality about it and sad sound of the movie.*

* = note too self, watch the movie again its been too long. 

• Like 3

On Saturday this week, going to see Deep Purple yet again.

DP are totally my style, DP MK II in particular. Loved Ritchie input too of course, but I guess he's retired now.

Apart from Ritchie, Ian Gillan is one of my hero's too, Roger Glover and Ian Paice. These guys are Deep Purple ... Steve Morse is an excellent fill for Ritchie and seen him play with the band twice (Ritchie Blackmore several times :))

Steve Morse not on this tour tho, but new guy apparently very good ... I'm really looking fwd to seeing him play, really am :)

2 nights to go ... Woo Hooo :)

What a Brit Legend this band are, so proud of them.

• Like 3

Deep Purple last night ... My clip! Saw DP once more at Glasgow Hydro with pals last night 22 10 22, Blue Oyster Cult were support and they were great too of course ... but my word, as big a Purple fan i am, hadn't seen them in ages and wasn't really expecting much knowing their current ages, but they were freaking awsome, Ian Gillan in particular was amazing voice wise still.

Outstanding 10/10, no hesitation in giving that score, they were brilliant, still on cloud 9 LOL.

• Like 1