What music are you playing VIII.

Vince1159

I have never owned a Robert Palmer/Power Station album until now as I have purchased his greatest hits CD.

My favourite video is "Irresistible" but I wouldn't want anybody suffering any modelling accidents while watching it so here is "Addicted To Love".

Dave

• Like 7

Always liked this by Robert Palmer, starts off sounding like Ultravox.

Wikipedia states that Gary Numan & Chris Frantz of Talking Heads were involved with the recording of the album, but I'm certain I read many years ago that Peter Baumann from Tangerine Dream contributed synths to Johnny and Mary. Robert Palmer then went onto help produce a Peter Baumann album soon after.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, PattheCat said:

I just stumbled upon this

A moment of pure bliss. I like 2Cellos and AC/DC AND I saw SV performing live twice, with Whitesnake and David Lee Roth.

Excellent discovery! Found them on YouTube a few years ago. Love their AC/DC covers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cammer625 said:

Something different- Autobarn by Kraftwerk - the 22.47 version (never the radio edit!!!)

Excellent choice. The original & best version in my opinion. One of my all time favourite bands. Their remix albums with "upgraded" versions of the old songs are OK but wish they had either recorded new material or just given up & left it at that with the main classic albums. They've lost their futuristic shine I think.

• Like 2

This song is from what I consider one of the finest albums from the 80's. So many other big name artists were involved in the production of A Secret Wish by Propaganda. It's a bit annoying that most radio stations still just play Duel.

• Like 1