What music are you playing VIII.

Vince1159

Supposed to be going to see Marillion on Monday at Glasgow, but by pure coincidence this long planed gig is the Queens funeral day, so out of respect the band pulled this show at last minute, only knew 48 hrs ago by Ticket master and the band are now playing the next day, on Tuesday at a different Glasgow venue.

Very short notice stuff, it was inevitable tough, couldn't cancel my original booked hotel and wont be able to make it now from North Scotland, no hard feelings though, stuff happens.

Still love early Marillion the most with Fish, shame they split and was really ready to embrace Marrilion without him at long last, maybe the next time guys.

• Like 3

Pleased to bits as a life long Pink Floyd fan ... hate to boast, but pretty much have seen it all Floydian wise, seen live Pink Floyd, David Gilmour, Nick Masons saucerful of Secrets show that was surprisingly excellent and he still tours .. WTG Nick :)

But the basic Nuts n Bolts of Pink Floyd were Waters and Gilmour, at least they were the two who went separate ways with separate shows and both were good, they really were, so hate the division Us and Them created between them.

However .. and here in the now, was delighted to see Roger Waters is extending his successful  "This is Not a Drill"  show into Europe and UK for next year 2023. Glasgow, London and Manchester tickets go on general sale Friday 30th with pre access sales available me and mate will try first a day or two earlier legally.

On tenterhooks just now hoping we get best tickets.

Roger is going out with a bang I think, its got to be and it will be awesome.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, One 48 said:

Pleased to bits as a life long Pink Floyd fan ... hate to boast, but pretty much have seen it all Floydian wise, seen live Pink Floyd, David Gilmour, Nick Masons saucerful of Secrets show that was surprisingly excellent and he still tours .. WTG Nick :)

Same here Floyd in ‘94, Waters in ‘07 & 2010. Gilmour in ‘06. Im trying to get tickets to see Nick on Tuesday the 3rd of October in Chicago. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Same here Floyd in ‘94, Waters in ‘07 & 2010. Gilmour in ‘06. Im trying to get tickets to see Nick on Tuesday the 3rd of October in Chicago. 

Hope you make Saucerful of Nicks secrets my friend, wont spoil it for you, but saw it in Scotland and it was awesome, sort of tied my various live Floyd shows together .. Enjoy

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, One 48 said:

Pleased to bits as a life long Pink Floyd fan

Me too, although I was never lucky enough to see them live in concert. I know that it's not the same thing, but have you ever seen the tribute band, Australian Floyd? As tribute bands go, they are one of the best. Not sure, but I think Gilmore went to see them once, or did I just dream that?

John.

• Like 2

Hi John, good comment, and yes, have seen several Pink Floyd tribute shows over the years and must have seen .... and I'm not joking ... The Australian Pink Floyd at least a dozen or more times over the years, was into this sincere tribute act from day one mostly, met them twice in the early days when they played wee club shows and its been a pleasure to see and attend their shows as it grew bigger and bigger and to now as an almost replica of what the Real Floyd shows were like, off to see them with friends again later this year in Glasgow ... good shout mate, The Australian Pink Floyd are the next best thing for sure 👍

EDIT: John, yes you are right, in their early days, David Gilmour invited the early version of The Australian Pink Floyd to play at his 50th birthday party and he jammed with them too. that must have been awesome, wish it were filmed.

"The Australian Pink Floyd Show gave its first ever concert in Adelaide, Australia in 1988. Since then, they have performed in over 35 countries worldwide; played at David Gilmour's 50th birthday celebration and were even joined on stage by Rick Wright. TAPFS is the leading and biggest show of its kind in the world."

"4 Dec 2018 — The Australian Pink Floyd Show are 'probably better than we were' ... by Pink Floyd's guitarist David Gilmour to play at his 50th Birthday"

"The Australian Pink Floyd is the only Pink Floyd tribute act to play for a member of Pink Floyd for in 1996; they performed at David Gilmour's 50th birthday"

https://www.aussiefloyd.com/history

Edited by One 48
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Me too, although I was never lucky enough to see them live in concert. I know that it's not the same thing, but have you ever seen the tribute band, Australian Floyd? As tribute bands go, they are one of the best. Not sure, but I think Gilmore went to see them once, or did I just dream that?

John.

In 1994, David Gilmour attended an Australian Pink Floyd Show performance at the Fairfield Halls in Croydon.[9] He subsequently invited the band to attend the end-of-tour after-show party for The Division Bell Tour at Earls Court in London.[citation needed]

The Australian Pink Floyd is the only Pink Floyd tribute act to play for a member of Pink Floyd for in 1996; they performed at David Gilmour's 50th birthday party.

In 1995, the band appeared on Irish national television, performing "Young Lust" on the chat show Kenny Live.”

From their wiki page. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Australian_Pink_Floyd_Show#:~:text=The Australian Pink Floyd is,the chat show Kenny Live.

• Like 2

Just a few pics I wish to share of one of my Australian Pink Floyd Shows, thats me at front in group pic, love my friends, really do. this was from Glasgow VIP meet, so looking fwd to seeing them later this year again, Roger Waters next year too, will be buying if I can Glasgow and Birmingham tickets, you cant let these once in a life time opportunity's slip by.

Sorry deleted the pics, one of my friends not happy I displayed their face with out permission, my bad.

Edited by One 48
  • Like 3

I usually see them at the Cliffs Pavilion in Southend, when I'm back there. To see the whole audience, on it's feet, all singing along to Comfortably Numb, is something brilliant.

They're performing there next month, but due to medical appointments, I can't be there.:(

John.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

I usually see them at the Cliffs Pavilion in Southend, when I'm back there. To see the whole audience, on it's feet, all singing along to Comfortably Numb, is something brilliant.

They're performing there next month, but due to medical appointments, I can't be there.:(

John.

They were in Chicago earlier this month but didn't have the funds to go. Hopefully nothing too serious ? 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

4 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hopefully nothing too serious ? 

Rheumatoid Arthritis. I was supposed to have an MRI scan on my hands, but the idiot system went and cancelled it, without my knowledge. So now I have to wait until 29/10 for another appointment, and Ozzy Floyd are performing on the 24th. Hopefully next year.

John.

• Sad 3

On 26/09/2022 at 14:01, Bullbasket said:

Rheumatoid Arthritis. I was supposed to have an MRI scan on my hands, but the idiot system went and cancelled it, without my knowledge. So now I have to wait until 29/10 for another appointment, and Ozzy Floyd are performing on the 24th. Hopefully next year.

John.

Sorry to hear that John, suffer from something very similar, Ankylosing Spondylitis, but seek out disabled seating where possible for my gigs now, check that out if you can, would hate to think you might miss shows because of your disability, most venues are very accommodating I've found, often need to apply early when shows are announced though as only a small ratio of suitable seating is kept for folk like us.

• Like 2