What music are you playing VIII.

Vince1159

Then I was listening to some old Bill Nelson. Only as Martyn Ware had recently interviewed Mark Radcliffe & he mentioned Bill & the virtual career suicide of breaking up Be-Bop Deluxe & going electronic. Still think this sounds way ahead of its time, apart from the fact Bill is also a guitar genius.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Been listening to some old 80's music then found this with Daryl Hall & Cee Lo Green. Love the original but wasn't sure I was going to like this, but they performed this old classic pretty well.

The TV show is real good, I highly recommend it if you can watch more episodes. The idea of taking each others music and redoing it on the spur of the moment in different styles is really cool to see. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

The TV show is real good, I highly recommend it if you can watch more episodes. The idea of taking each others music and redoing it on the spur of the moment in different styles is really cool to see. 

Thanks mate, I like the sound of that, looks like this was just uploaded to YouTube by some person. So what's the show called? Is there a proper channel on YouTube? I would like to see artists performing stuff they wouldn't normally. Unlikely though to see Pink performing any Bjork classics but that would be interesting to see! 😆

8 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Thanks mate, I like the sound of that, looks like this was just uploaded to YouTube by some person. So what's the show called? Is there a proper channel on YouTube? I would like to see artists performing stuff they wouldn't normally. Unlikely though to see Pink performing any Bjork classics but that would be interesting to see! 😆

“Live from Daryl’s house” is the show. The 1st season is from his own house and its recording studio. The second season was moved to a slightly larger venue his restaurant/club. Where he can host fuller bands. I used to get it on my Satellite tv but lost the channel. Thankfully I had the foresight to record a good number of episode's. 

https://www.livefromdarylshouse.com/

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

Its official now, Rammstein are touring Europe next year new dates added by the hour ,,, and apparently is all sold out already, Ticketmaster and other agency's will have their share too.

Very exciting.

• Like 2

Talked to my Gig pals this morning, no UK shows announced yet, (we know the rumours though) and we know how this big show circus works. UK wont be ignored and once its announced and it will be soon, we'll pounce again and get best seats possible, feel so lucky to have seen Rammstein this year at Coventry, seeing them again will be magical, they are that good, that so magically over the top and awesome :)

Edited by One 48
  • Like 1

On 31/08/2022 at 14:06, RidgeRunner said:

It sounds like Chinese when you chaps reel off band names ;). I’m an old progger and live life with a pint of ale in my hand ;) 

Martin

On 31/08/2022 at 15:40, Lightningboy2000 said:

I am also partial to some quality prog when the mood takes me. Oh & the above band name was in jest. A Norwegian band called Royksopp (means something in Norwegian) with that Alison Goldfrapp yes that is her surname. Sounds very much Kraftwerk ish. 

:fraidnot:And I used to like you guys but in the words of Mr Lydon "Never trust a hippie!" (although ironically, he himself was a big Hawkwind fan in his youth).  Must be something to do with Martins? :tease:

Can't stand all of those boring, long,, self indulgent solos, give me something loud, fast and preferably, sub 3 minutes, something like this...

OK, so the next two are slightly over 3 minutes but one is from my music ground zero, the other is from the only band that ever mattered...

Actually, I quite like the Röyskopp & Alison Goldfrapp song, but then, she can do no wrong in my book!

• Like 6

Actually, this is what's come up on the feed while I've been cooking dinner (spaghetti bolognese if you're interested)...

Couldn't be more different any of them...

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Wez said:

:fraidnot:And I used to like you guys but in the words of Mr Lydon "Never trust a hippie!" (although ironically, he himself was a big Hawkwind fan in his youth).  Must be something to do with Martins? :tease:

Can't stand all of those boring, long,, self indulgent solos, give me something loud, fast and preferably, sub 3 minutes, something like this...

OK, so the next two are slightly over 3 minutes but one is from my music ground zero, the other is from the only band that ever mattered...

Actually, I quite like the Röyskopp & Alison Goldfrapp song, but then, she can do no wrong in my book!

Alison Goldfrapp can do no wrong it seems. First time I heard her was when she collaborated with Orbital in the mid 90's. Listening to that for the first time, I had an instant nostalgia flash back to when I first played the Computer World album on cassette. Never forget mum saying it sounded like having potatoes on the boil! 🤣 As for Lydon, I prefer PIL to The Pistols, classics though they are. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Cliff still playing Bass

I never got to saw them with Cliff, unfortunately.  Jason was a hero of mine growing up - I thought that if I had an undercut too, I'd be as good on the bass as he was.  His live intro to For Whom the Bell Tolls was the stuff of legend in our house.

• Like 1