Mos Eisley x-wing forward operating location

Ralph

Getting back to a semi serious note...well as serious as junk modelling a fictional scene from a science fiction movie can be...was v.excited to get my resin X-wing pilots in the post. There's five poses. Good moulding and realistic poses. I've chosen two to work with, although figure painting isn't my strongest suite...might check out some YouTube videos...

20220917_104905 20220919_195344

Probably the second from left and fourth from left.

• Like 2

OK, two pilots chosen and washed with warm soapy water to clean off release agent. Then a quick blast of Tamiya matt white to both prime and for the white helmet, vest etc but also to act as an undercoat for the orange flight suits. Am leaving them to dry while I find an appropriate-and critically brushable- orange from the paint stores...

20220922_194532 20220922_195719

Oh, and a greeblie made up with plasticard and a kit leftover...we shall call this a tools or parts box for the ground crew that I have yet to make...

20220922_201035

Finally, I have added a door frame to the rotunda area. This is made from plasticard and foam and carved to fit the curved wall behind it. Pics from the sets show that doors are a good foot or so deep. It'll need to be blended in with poly filler when it's dry, and the actual door itself fitted, which I working on now. That's it for the time being!

20220922_201042

Edited by Ralph
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Was idly looking up different droids that might be appropriate for mos Eisley when I came across this mine clearance/demolition droid. It is Lin -8vk, apparently, and appears on the sandcrawler scene in episode IV.

RSF139top

Anyway, was in our local handyman when I saw a packet of screws and caps...the latter seemed just the thing and perfectly in scale.

20220930_220217

A pound and some plastic rod later, here's my scratchbuilt effort! I am thinking that the New Republic will be deploying them to forward operating locations to clear imperial mines and boobytraps...the idea is to have one of the x-wing pilots talking and gesturing to it. Just needs a coat of metallic black...

20220930_220013

Edited by Ralph
  • Like 4

Small update...finished x-wing pilots! Now, am not the world's best figure painter by a long shot, but hopefully these will look alright from a couple of feet away...one chap is having a conversation with a recalcitrant demolition droid, whilst the other two are puzzling out their next mission. Or something like that! I could probably do with putting a map or some such on the tool box. We'll see.The idea is to have little mini-scenes dotted around...have a couple more ideas for that kind of thing!

20221002_191620 20221002_192246 20221002_192318

Edited by Ralph
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Well, haven't posted anything recently, and the plan was to finish this over the Christmas hols... almost there! Final details are being completed while I work on the Bandai 1/72 x-wing that Father Christmas was kind enough to drop into the old stocking! I've painted the doorway with the same emulsion as the rest of the building, and have scratch built the door from plasticard and Rod. I've also built one of those Tattooine style door sentry-the type that looks like an eyeball on a rod! They've had a coat of Tamiya xf84 burnt iron for that beat up look characteristic of Mos Eisley. Once that's dry, I'll glue those in. I'll post pics of the finished item here, and once I've built the X-Wing I'll post the whole lot on the finished diorama section!

20221231_141643 20221231_145035 20221231_153310

Edited by Ralph
  • Like 6

On 10/2/2022 at 8:37 PM, Ralph said:

I could probably do with putting a map or some such on the tool box

How about a Death Star schemaic with "you are here" in Aurabesh? ;)

Thanks for the update, it really captures the Star Wars vibe.

Cheers,

Andre

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 27/01/2023 at 20:28, Thom216 said:

Love it! Those packing materials make some great, realistic shapes. 

How about a slogan on the side of the building, a faded/defaced Imperial one or a New Republic image?

Not a bad idea!

• Like 1