Skydiving Elk...1/48 Saab B17A, Svenska Flygvapnet

Hello Reini78,

this is a great subject. I built one of these when the kit was first released (you can find my build here on BM). It is nice that there is a company producing kits of these less known types.

I got a book from the Swedish team that restored and operates the solely flying example. The book covers the restoration process and flight operations with nice close up photographs and it is a rather good source for the modeller.

Looking forward for this build.

Cheers,

Antti

• Like 2

Great choice. :D 

I've got the same kit and it's slated for an entry in my and my son year long Swedish GB next year when Sweden celebrate 500 Years as an independent nation. 

So I'll sit here taking notes and enjoying the show. 

/Bosse :popcorn:  :beer:

• Like 2

Hello Reini78,

the fit of the cockpit parts was good in my example. Just make sure everything lines up perfectly. Before attaching the cockpit floor you might want to neaten the window openings below the wing as the fuselage sides are very thick. Do not attach the gunner/navigator seat directly onto the floor plate as the instruction sheet suggests. There should be a rotating pedestal with four feet that run along the floor rails.

I encountered problems with fitting the wings (especially the Port one was bad). The center wing should have a dihedral of 0 degrees. At first dry fit showed that also the center wing had positive dihedral.

Cheers,

Antti

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Antti_K said:

Nice progress with the interiors. What is that box in front of the control stick? I was just looking at the photos of my model and there is no such thing in the cockpit. Or did I remove it? I can't remember.

Cheers,

Antti

My dad uses this as additional alignement help for the IB

• Like 1

fuselage closed

had to raise the rear seat to make it more correct

when dryfitting the canopy, the front seat touched it, so loosened the front seat again and removed some of the lower area

52348020035_858a601321_b.jpgDSC_0002 by grimreaper110, auf Flickr

52347594346_f6deb436b5_b.jpgDSC_0003 by grimreaper110, auf Flickr

52346637812_e956b2cb5f_b.jpgDSC_0006 by grimreaper110, auf Flickr

• Like 5

The Swedish paint scheme looks very good, nice job!

Check carefully how to attach the landing gear legs. They replicate the real things and as such won't cope with the weight of the model. I inserted a piece of steel rod in the gear leg and drilled a shallow hole on the wing lower surface for the protruding end of that steel rod.

Cheers,

Antti

• Like 1