KillerKits bust of Talos, in what I guess is around 1/5 scale, popularised in the film Jason and the Argonauts. 

Talos was a giant made of bronze by the god Hephaestus, he had a single vein running through his body filled with ichor the life force of the gods.

The story goes that he was made to protect Europa, the consort of Zeus, another being that he was given to Minos the king of Crete to protect the island.

Talos was eventually slain by the sorceress Menea, part of Jason's crew on his quest for the Golden Fleece. Menea enchanted Talos so that the nail in his heel dislodged and all his ichor ran out of his body killing him.

Talos is finished in a mix of acrylics, oils and pastels

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 11

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/09/2022 at 17:53, Bertie McBoatface said:

That's an interesting backstory and an unusual paint job.

I've tried to get an aged bronze look like in the film. I always research any model I do and like to put a small profile on my posts as I'm sure many people looking may not know much or anything about the character. He's one of Ray Harryhausens' most iconic figures 

I also find researching the character gives me a feeling and idea of how I want the finished figure to look. 

Here's a couple of screenshot of Talos

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Glen10k
  • Like 2