Leyland Retreiver's in small scale

Mancunian airman

I have had these for a while in the stash and as my mojo has been at the bottom floor level I thought I would give myself a small boost  . . . .

IMG-4934.jpg

I intend to build one as a 3-ton GS vehicles and one with a Coles Crane on the back  . . .

IMG-4949.jpg

I shortened the jib from the Coles Crane vehicle in the 'RAF Recovery set' so have made a start  . . .

Ian

• Like 2

Looking for some spares I came across these two Leyland Retreivers, rather dusty and in need of some light repair and possibly a repaint on the GS lorry  . . . 

Leyland-Retreivers-OLD-stock-2.jpg

I kitted out the Mobile workshop years ago . . . 

Leyland-Retreivers-OLD-stock-1.jpg

Small bit of progress with the recent builds 

Chassis constructed with the front wheel axles angled for a change 

IMG-4944.jpg

The GS body coming together, Montys caravan body was covered in tissue and hopefully will be successful with its appearance 

IMG-4947.jpg

and painted over 

IMG-4951.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Progress of the two new Retriever builds and some work on one of the other vehicles . . . . The workshop needs a replacement work platform along the open side.

Leyland-Retreiver-chassis.jpg

Started on the camouflage as well as some repaints of the Bedfords at the same time  . . .

IMG-5020-1.jpg

All lined up awaitin some small details to be added such as unit markings etc  . . .

IMG-5033.jpg

thanks for looking in 

Ian 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 19/10/2022 at 00:34, Mancunian airman said:

Progress of the two new Retriever builds and some work on one of the other vehicles . . . . The workshop needs a replacement work platform along the open side.

Leyland-Retreiver-chassis.jpg

Started on the camouflage as well as some repaints of the Bedfords at the same time  . . .

IMG-5020-1.jpg

All lined up awaitin some small details to be added such as unit markings etc  . . .

IMG-5033.jpg

thanks for looking in 

Ian 

Great looking motor pool, like it a lot 

• Like 1