Easy Build F-15E

The decals have been applied.  This took a while longer than I expected.  Firstly, there are a lot of stencils.   I've applied about 40% of them.  If I had applied them all, I would still be goung this time tomorrow!

Secondly, if I had used the kit markings things would have gone a lot quicker.   However I wanted to build one of the aircraft that made a racket over my house on Friday and then went and scribbled all over Romania.  :)  I had to grab most of the markings from general sheets.  This also meant layering the stripes on the tail fins, which always takes time.

But the greeblies are now ready for fitment.

spacer.png

I'm not convinced about the two pods taken from the Academy kit. They are probably fine for an early 21st century jet, but maybe not for a current one.  Nevertheless, I'm going with them.

• Like 3

On 8/27/2022 at 9:27 PM, Jinxman said:

Snap! I went to Uni, and when I got back I found my stash (only small then), started models, finished models, and most of my tools/paints had been given to a lad down the road. 😲

Double snap but mine was my prized 70/80s Star Wars toy collection…have never recovered

• Sad 3

Just now, Davek72 said:

Double snap but mine was my prized 70/80s Star Wars toy collection…have never recovered

Quite cathartic knowing it wasn't just me - I've had to have a sit down thinking of a ROTJ Stormtrooper being given away.... 🤢

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davek72 said:

For me it was my ps2 and games, came back after my finals gagging to play some old school gran turismo 3 to find it had gone "as I had two ps3's I didn't need a 2 anymore"

• Sad 3

5 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

"as I had two ps3's I didn't need a 2 anymore"

"That is not only not right; it is not even wrong"

-- Wolfgang Pauli