Siemens-Schuckert D.III 1:48

Hello !

Something finished from my bench, right from the shelf of doom.

Its Eduards Siemens Schuckert D.III kit ( the new tool ) as a Weekend Edition kit, started some three years ago before i lost the interest in WWI aviation.

It is completely out of the box including the lozenge decals and the rip tapes for the wings.

The only addition were turn buckles from Gaspatch and two cross hairs for the Spandau machine guns stolen from other kits pe sets. The seat belts are simply made from tape. It was build just to see if these massive decal work which took a whole week and the rigging is fun. After all it was but needs some more perfection.

1a

Markings are for a Jasta 15 aircraft, Chery-les-Pouily, July 1918

2a

No weathering. I have tried to show a factory fresh aircraft. A resin engine would have been the better solution.

4a

It has still not the flare signal holder on the starboard side and i have no idea about the aileron control. Maybe something to add at some time.

5a

Eduards "Flugzeugstoff" known as lozenge looks in their SSW D.III Weekend kit much better as in the Profi Pack Edition but its still regarded as inaccurate.

Application is very good.

5edit

Turnbuckles are from Gaspatch. The rigging material is Ez Line. Fiddly !

A picture taken during final assembly. The propeller is still primed in a dark brown shade.

6a

Photos were taken on a piece of cardboard in the garden.

7a

Thanks for watching

Bernd

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Russmeister 101 said:

I fail to understand why you think this needs more perfection...  It looks pretty good to me!!!

An excellent save from the shelf of doom!!

Bravo that man!!!🏆🏆

Thank you. 🙂

The application of these rather large decals around the wings needs some more and better preperation than my basic coat of a gloss green for the uppers and a gloss pink for the undersides.

Rigging can be also a bit more precise. Its also not too bad to have fresh and good super glue at hand.

1 hour ago, Zigomar said:

Loose interest but very nicely done. My favorite WWI german plane! Thanks

Thank you !

The stubby Siemens looks somewhat different as other aircrafts from that era.

BTW. Your forum name reminds me always on some certain Nieuports, flown by french ace Paul Tarascon.

6 minutes ago, Toryu said:

Great model! Rare and colourful. Doesn‘t look like weekend work at all 😉

Thank you.

Eduard has improved their "weekend" kits by much. Better decals and more marking versions and sometimes even pe parts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BerndM said:

Thank you !

The stubby Siemens looks somewhat different as other aircrafts from that era.

BTW. Your forum name reminds me always on some certain Nieuports, flown by french ace Paul Tarascon.

Yep ! I used his Nickname to pay tribute! You know your stuff!Cheers.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Zigomar said:

Yep ! I used his Nickname to pay tribute! You know your stuff!Cheers.

Great idea. His Ni-11 was my first Nieuport i have done back in the early 2000s.

Sadly derelict by now.

21 hours ago, SarmaT said:

Nice and accurate! Propeller is superb. All the necessary features are done, don't worry :thumbsup:

Thank you very much.

Don t get me wrong. I am pretty happy with my result but i know there can be more done.