Thanks to everyone for the comments and likes they are very much appreciated.

OK where was I oh yes the drivers compartment and I think I've finished in there at long last with the addition of a representation of the wiring in the the drivers compartment and across the top of the GUE in the fighting compartment. The drivers seat has also been added together with the steering yoke and column with some weathering on the floor. Right here are the pics: hopefully they'll make more sense than my ramblings!

IMG-0287.jpg

IMG-0288.jpg

IMG-0289.jpg

IMG-0290.jpg

IMG-0291.jpg

IMG-0292.jpg

And this last one is taken through the rear door with the hull top dry fitted in place to give some idea of what can be seen - not a lot it seems

IMG-0293.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and I hope your projects are progressing as you would like.

Stay safe            Roger

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Ok its been awhile since I was here last, thanks for the likes your time and trouble is very much appreciated.

Not a lot has been done since the last update but some progress has been made but i have managed to add the charge bins to the rear lower hull around the rear crew door and the shell stowage brackets in the same area, the crew drinking water tanks sit on top of the shell stowage and a start has been made on this as well. The picture will hopefully explain better I hope

IMG-0294.jpg

IMG-0296.jpg

IMG-0297.jpg

IMG-0298.jpg

IMG-0299.jpg

Thanks for stopping by, more soon I hope

Stay safe              Roger

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to stop by, likes and comments it is very much appreciated.

Just posting this small update to keep things ticking over so won't go into detail but let a couple of pics: do the talking, as you will see there is not to much progress since the last post.

IMG-0300.jpg

IMG-0301.jpg

Thanks for looking in and I hope your own projects are proceeding as you would wish

Stay safe           Roger

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry no updates on this one for various reasons, life, family and lack of mojo!

I would however like to WISH EVERYONE all the BEST for Christmas and New Year

and thank you all for following along and commenting on this one, hopefully an update early in 2023

Stay safe and Seasons Greetings            Roger

• Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...

First off I hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Year.

Today I got back to the bench for an hour for the first time since November and have made a little progress by adding the two loaders seats and the associated padding.

The inside of the turret has also been painted white in readiness for work to start in that area so hopefully things will pick up pace from now on,

Just the one picture this time

IMG-0307.jpg

Thanks for looking in and I hope your own projects are progressing as you would like

Stay safe          Roger

• Like 6

Hi Roger,

I haven't seen this topic before, sorry, even though it's a somewhat modern model for my taste. I see that you are doing an "aggressive" scratch, making everything practically from scratch, something, for me, without a doubt, really difficult. I hope to see the model finished, and if you are going to add some kind of lighting to see the interior...

Cheers and TC

Francis.👍

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments John @Bullbasket and Francis @FrancisGL

OK a little more time today which has seen the fitting of the axle arms to the hydrogas units and the idler arm mounting brackets added as well, as it was kit parts it seemed a nice easy job to get out of the way, Next up was the start of the turret and realizing that there is no breach provided for the main armament even though every hatch is poseable in the open position so as the breech is a dominant feature of the inside of the turret I will need to scratch build one. To that end part of the main armament has been assembled and a start made on adding the missing parts. I have also corrected the hull rear entrance which need a bit of shape added to the top edge, the kit being moulded with a square hole. I have not photographed this area yet as I forgot to do it!

IMG-0308.jpg

IMG-0309.jpg

IMG-0310.jpg

Thanks for stopping by

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, ivan-o said:

that’s the trouble with scratch building isn’t it you do one bit and realise you have to something else as well 😂

How very true and thanks for the comment and likes

• Like 1

Thanks for the likes and comments they are very much appreciated.

A start has been made on the breech area of the main armament not much actual work carried out but a lot of looking at photographs has been done and a plan made.

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

Not much to see but thank you for stopping by

• Like 7

Thanks for the comments @PlaStix @FrancisGL they are much appreciated.

A little more slow progress has been made the hull top has been glued to the lower hull in readiness for work on the turret to start. First picture shows a view through the rear crew access door to show how much can be seen once all completed - not much! the following two look through the back towards the other side of the fighting compartment and the view into the top with the turret removed.

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

I have continued work on the breech with the addition of the breech block in the open position and the breech opening handle. A start has now been made with the auto loader system, this can not be totally finished until the gun is fitted permanently glued into the turret as there is no way it would fit through the front of the turret.

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

Many thanks for taking the time to stop by your time is very much appreciated

Stay safe            Roger

• Like 6

Thanks for all the likes and comments they really do help to keep me going on this one!

A very small update this time, photo-etch has started to appear on the hull engine deck covers and the breech mounting has been put together so I can finish off the auto loader system, I need to make sure there is clearance between the rear of the turret ring and the end of the auto loader. A start has also been made on the air con: pipe which connects the turret with the drivers compartment.

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

Many thanks for stopping by and I hope your own projects are progressing as you would like

Stay safe                 Roger

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Hamden said:

Many thanks for stopping by and I hope your own projects are progressing as you would like

Ha!! Chance would be a fine thing. Somebody has nicked my modelling mojo, but I'll find it eventually.

The AS90 is looking good though Roger. The etched mesh in particular. One of the kits that I've been considering starting is a distant cousin of the 90, namely the IDF M109A2. Your build is making me lean in that direction.

John.

• Thanks 1