1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

Somebody has nicked my modelling mojo

Hope you find it soon John.

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

IDF M109A2. Your build is making me lean in that direction.

Go on you know you want to..................................................................

Thanks for your kind comments John more soon hopefully

Stay safe           Roger

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Its been awhile since I posted anything on this one but family problems and lack of mojo has slowed this down a bit although I have had the odd five minutes here and there. I have added some basic detail to the buffer/recuperater cover and also fitted the main gun travel lock after opening out the area where the mechanism is situated and scratched something that looks like the original but is not 100% accurate. Inside the turret I have drawn in the cable runs, added the charge bag holders on the LH side wall and added two cylinders to the roof the purpose of these I can not remember. Next up will most likely be the addition of the cables as they are quite a prominent feature then the various fittings to the side walls and the internal magazine rack etc.

Here are a few pictures to show some very slow progress.

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

Many thanks to everyone who has commented on and liked what what I have done so far it is very much appreciated

Thanks for stopping by

Stay safe              Roger

• Like 6

Hi Roger,

Common problems that affect all modelers to a greater or lesser extent... Despite that, it is a small job that had to be done and it is becoming more and more attractive.

Cheers and TC

Francis.👍

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Hamden said:

Its been awhile since I posted anything on this one but family problems and lack of mojo has slowed this down a bit

Been there, done that and I'm still wearing the T shirt. Hope it all sorts itself out soon.

Meanwhile, you're still making great progress. Nice work Roger.

John.

• Thanks 1

Thanks to @ivan-o @FrancisGL & @Bullbasket for your comments they are very much appreciated.

Some more work on the AS90 turret with the fresh air pipes added to the commander/gunners side  and a dry fit of some of the many electrical boxes for the various systems found on board.

Some more tiny PE parts have also been added to the hull top. The padding around the turret has also been painted.

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and I hope your own projects are progressing as you would like

Stay safe                     Roger

• Like 7

Nice to see you doing a bit Roger, it looks good! 

Any time at the bench is productive and all helps towards that final product. 👍 

Keith 😁 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the comments and encouragement @Keeff @FrancisGL @viper-30 @Bullbasket and @PlaStix it really does make a difference.

Small update in that the electrical boxes on the commander/gunners side have been fitted and painted and the first run of cables has been added. Also now fitted is the RH side/indicator lamp unit in PE, not looking forward to the LH one!

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

Not much but time is short and it's fiddley bits and pieces that I'm doing at the moment.

Thanks for stopping by

Stay safe            Roger

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Hamden said:

Not much but time is short and it's fiddley bits and pieces that I'm doing at the moment.

Know what you mean Roger. I'm in the same boat, so to speak, at the moment. But the good thing is that it's moving forward and will look good when the paint is on.

John.

• Like 1

As the others have said above, Roger, despite some of the difficulties, it's good that you are getting a bit more done. The payoff will be when you see how well it is all coming together towards the end.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 2:06 PM, Hamden said:

Thanks for the comments and encouragement @Keeff @FrancisGL @viper-30 @Bullbasket and @PlaStix it really does make a difference.

Small update in that the electrical boxes on the commander/gunners side have been fitted and painted and the first run of cables has been added. Also now fitted is the RH side/indicator lamp unit in PE, not looking forward to the LH one!

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

Thanks for stopping by

I share your pain mate😂good to see your still ploughing on👌

• Thanks 1

First many thanks to @Bullbasket @FrancisGL @PlaStix and @ivan-o for the comments and to all who hit the like button it's very much appreciated and helps to keep me motivated with this project!

This is just a pictorial update to show how things are shaping up, there is still along way to go. The turret is not glued on just rested in place for effect and also to give some idea of what will be visible when completed. Enough waffle here's the pictures

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to stop by

• Like 14