Douglas A-4F

Sierra Tango

Thank you. I'm glad they are of interest! I'll need to find the slide for the registration (possibly F-BTSD), but, I know that it was operated by Air France and the picture was taken in September of 1994 on the Terminal B ramp at DFW Airport. Seems like I had to wait for a loooong time for everyone to get out of the way after the aircraft was pushed back from the gate in order to get a fairly clear picture! Concorde always attracted a crowd at DFW as it was such a joy to see and hear!  😆

Steve

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sierra Tango said:

Thank you. I'm glad they are of interest! I'll need to find the slide for the registration (possibly F-BTSD), but, I know that it was operated by Air France and the picture was taken in September of 1994 on the Terminal B ramp at DFW Airport. Seems like I had to wait for a loooong time for everyone to get out of the way after the aircraft was pushed back from the gate in order to get a fairly clear picture! Concorde always attracted a crowd at DFW as it was such a joy to see and hear!  😆

Steve

spacer.png

Thanks Steve, the absence of people and ground equipment confused me! 

I treated myself to a flight on G-BOAD from JFK to LHR in September 2003 and my wife has suggested that we return to New York next year to visit  G-BOAD at the USS Intrepid. Concorde is such a beautiful design!

Keep posting your photos!!

Hi Steve,

I'm grateful for yet another gorgeous Skyhawk shot! Please keep them coming if you have any more.

I think that's a VF-121 F-4J behind the Scooter; out of curiosity, do you have any images of that jet (or any Navy/Marines Phantoms for that matter)?

Andrew,

I apologize for the late response. You are correct, that was a VF-121 F-4J parked in the background. I'm embarrassed to say I did not get a picture of that jet as I ran out of film. At the time I was shooting two or three shots for each aircraft so that I could use the spares for trades with my friends. I still remember to this day I had a roll of 24 exposure Kodachrome 64 ASA slide film in the camera, not the usual 36 exposure. So, guess who didn't bring any extra film that day?! Sheesh.....

Steve

• Haha 1