USAF 75th Birthday 1st Jet Bomber

Here is my version of the Valom B-45 in 1/72.

spacer.png

Out of box and a great set of canopy masks from Hannants.

"North-American B-45A/B-45C Tornado kabuki masks all windows and clear parts, wheels, antiglare shields (designed to be used with Valom VAL72120 and VAL72121 kits) 

Manufacturer:..New Ware"

Unbelievable time saver ....PS Dust is photography, not model.

spacer.png

Caracal decal and they were fantastic. Alclad over Tamiya Gloss Black. Natural metal  over-coated with Alclad Aqua Gloss. This gloss is  not happy with Solvaset residue. All decals must be wiped down before final coat of Aqua Gloss.

spacer.png

This kit is a bit of a modeling challenge for seams and fit in many places. O well as our friends in Britain say "Couple swipes with a sanding stick ".

Forgot to mention I did add bit of riveting to enhance overall surface panels.

spacer.png

Happy Birthday USAF and Thanks for Looking

Comments always welcome

Cheers

Bill D.

• Like 72

All of the above!  This is a beautiful piece of artwork on your part, because I have an idea how hard it was to get it looking this way!  You deserve a medal (metal?) for delivering such a great result.  Bravo!  My former service's anniversary is in September, but no matter!  Best to deliver gifts early...

Thank all of you for the very positive feedback. I truly appreciate your comments and enjoy posting on this location. I will post a few new photos in a short time as I noticed I forgot to add the landing light on the port engine nacelle.

Cheers

Bill

• Like 1

Thank You all very Much

I did finish the Nose Pitot and the port engine landing light.spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for all the Positive comments

Bill

• Like 4

Hi Bill

This is a very beautiful kit you made here. I know how this one is difficult as I built one four years ago. I chose #90 from the same decal sheet. 

I preferred to paint mine duller also.

Did you have the same trouble with the fin which was bent to one side? I had to correct that the hard way.

Congratulations.

Patrick