Hasegawa Ferrari 328 GTS

Background:

I am of that generation where the 328 GTS is the answer to the question "What does a Ferrari look like?". That and it's similarity to to the 308 (Magnum's car), the 512 BB , 365 BB and the 288 GTO makes you wonder if Ferrari could've got stuck in the same groove as Porsche - making every car look basically the same. Fortunatly not. I regard the 328 GTS as the ultimate development of the classic Ferrari shape. It's a beautiful car, a work of art.

Pros:

Great proportions, clean mouldings and little cleanup required. A full engine is included and the interior is nicely detailed as well. Also comes with a Photo-Etched fret for some of the more detailed parts and badges. The plated wheels look very good.

Cons:

Parts of it are fiddly to put together, especially the front and rear suspension and the exhaust system, the latter of which is a small 3D puzzle to get the parts into place. The instructions are only so-so, certain parts are not easy to follow and the assembly order isn't always logical. Some of the engine parts would have been easier to assemble if not plated. No Italian number plates included, only German ones which seems odd. The passenger side wiper does not conform to the shape of the windscreen at all, as it's entirely straight.

Verdict:

Very good. Builds into a beautiful model of the 328GTS.

Build notes:

I've added seatbelts and retainers, carpeting, plus quite a bit of extra detail to the engine bay by way of hoses, pipes and most noticeably, the oil filter on top. I also changed the rear number plate and swapped the useless passenger windscreen wiper for one from a Daihatsu Move CS kit. The side Ferrari shields are also aftermarket additions. Undercoated with Tamiya pink primer and painted in Tamiya TS-8 Italian red, with a TS-46 Light sand interior.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Well I'm definitely blaming him for the one I just bought from the local auction site. ;) :D The same as I blamed  @Mr.lin for the 288 GTO kit I bought, once I had learned some of the subtleties of Ferraris. If I can get either of them looking as good as these I'll be a happy chappy, though the bar has been set pretty high in both cases. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paulyoung666 said:

Superb , what did you clear coat it with ?

Nothing. My MO with non-metallic paints is to use the paint itself as the final wetcoat, and then polish that.

• Like 2

Well now, this caught my eye!

Absolutley F******i fantastic!!

I’m not sure what F******i means, but an expletive beginning with F, ending in I, is there one?? Anyway, do you know that you have just created the most incredible reproduction of a classic Ferrari in 1/24 scale ever?!

I love the fact that you compare it to the classic Ferraris of the Magnum PI era. The 512BB was always my favourite, but those 328s? Gorgeous!

• Like 1

Excellent work, a clean build that captures the essence of the real thing. I'm particularly impressed with the detailing on the engine, looks great. Of course, it helps that the 328 is such a lovely design.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...