Hello

LonestarPhantom

Hello from the USA. I am finding my way back into modeling after a 30+ year absence. I have been watching a lot of Youtube videos on model building lately. I have been learning a lot from guys like clonefox80, Primedmodelworks, Will Pattison, Shuichi Hayashi, TAKEOFF Models, etc... Very cool stuff. I have also been reading forums on this site for a little while now and finally decided to join. I started building basic models in grade school and continued building them into my teens. As a teenager I learned to airbrush and did some pretty cool aircraft models. I have everything I need to get started except a spray booth, which I am planning to build soon. I will be building mainly 1/48 scale military aircraft. I bought some 1/48 Revell aircraft model kits when they were on sale at Hobby Lobby just get my feet wet again. Once I do a couple of them I will build the Tamiya F-14A kit that I have. I hear good things about that kit and am looking forward to building it. Anyway, I enjoy reading the threads on this site and look forward to participating in some in the future.

• Like 2

Hi LP,

Greetings from the South Coast of the UK.

Welcome back to the hobby.  Like you,  I had a 30+ year "sabbatical" and was amazed how much things had moved on (and how good some of the kits are now - although there are still some dogs out there)!

Enjoy yourself!

Peter 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Phantom … :post1: from about 900 miles north/north east in Chicago. Im mostly military aircraft myself and with only one break (2005-2014) have built since 1979. 

Dennis

I lived in Old Town in the early 2000's. If you are ever in the Old Town area of Chicago, grab some dinner at Twin Anchors. I love that restaurant. I still go there whenever I go up there.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LonestarPhantom said:

I lived in Old Town in the early 2000's. If you are ever in the Old Town area of Chicago, grab some dinner at Twin Anchors. I love that restaurant. I still go there whenever I go up there.

Well If you get back say something, Im always happy to meet and talk models or history. 

• Like 1