1/48 Yakovlev Yak-9T, U.S. Air Force, Modelsvit

Good afternoon, dear colleagues! Today I present to you my next model from the Ukrainian manufacturer "Modelsvit". The model is made in the version of the aircraft of the North Korean Air Force captured by the Americans. This is not exactly the same modification, but I am not ready for such a deep modernization. The original did not have a front radiator, had a transparent section on the tail boom, had other lights on the wingtips, had some bulges on the cowl and was almost all metal. My modification is earlier and refers to the end of the Second World War. But I gave my word not to make Soviet stars anymore ...

Yak-9t_US_01

Yak-9t_US_02

Yak-9t_US_03

Yak-9t_US_04

Yak-9t_US_05

Yak-9t_US_06

Yak-9t_US_07

Yak-9t_US_08

Yak-9t_US_09

Yak-9t_US_10

Yak-9t_US_11

Yak-9t_US_12

Yak-9t_US_13

Yak-9t_US_14

• Like 30
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Outstanding NMF and finely finished!!  Great choice of markings also :D 

Your observation about Red Stars is an opinion I also share!  

Bravo that man!  A great model that would not look out of place in a museum!!
👏🏆

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I like the bare metal-what did you use? I particularly like the lighter shade under the cockpit. The US-marked Yak was in overall light gray I think--maybe a Yak-9P?? Congrats on a beauful build and finish. 

Edited by 28ZComeback
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, 28ZComeback said:

I like the bare metal-what did you use?  The US-marked Yak was in overall light gray I think--maybe a Yak-9P?? Congrats on a beauful build and finish. 

I use Mr.Color 8 for overall and Alclad II Chrome for metal panels. And according to some sources, it was fully painted in metallic. But it could be just different stages of this plane's life.
7vbbrushkhb91.jpg  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Russmeister 101 said:

Outstanding NMF and finely finished!!  Great choice of markings also :D 

Your observation about Red Stars is an opinion I also share!  

Bravo that man!  A great model that would not look out of place in a museum!!
👏🏆

Very nice Yak-9T!

I am sorry to say it but if thinking like this modellers should also not build anything with a Eisernes Kreuz,Hinomaro,American,British,Italian or French and Spanish roundel,Portuguese markings,Chinese,Hungarian,Romanian,Slovak,Finnish,Lithuanian,Latvian,Estonian,Danish,Austrian,Serbian,Dutch,Belgian,South African,Turkish,Croatian,Iranian,Iraqi,Saudi Arabian,Katari,Yemenite,Australian,New Zealand,Zimbabwean,Argentinian,Chilean and even Ukrainian markings.There are certainly more but these are the countries that have a "problematic" history that I remember.So there will not be much left to build but civilian cars and motorcycles.

Saluti

Giampiero

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GiampieroSilvestri said:

Very nice Yak-9T!

I am sorry to say it but if thinking like this modellers should also not build anything with a Eisernes Kreuz,Hinomaro,American,British,Italian or French and Spanish roundel,Portuguese markings,Chinese,Hungarian,Romanian,Slovak,Finnish,Lithuanian,Latvian,Estonian,Danish,Austrian,Serbian,Dutch,Belgian,South African,Turkish,Croatian,Iranian,Iraqi,Saudi Arabian,Katari,Yemenite,Australian,New Zealand,Zimbabwean,Argentinian,Chilean and even Ukrainian markings.There are certainly more but these are the countries that have a "problematic" history that I remember.So there will not be much left to build but civilian cars and motorcycles.

Saluti

Giampiero

You are right of course. There are always two sides to a conflict and you can be on one side and hate the other. And it is my right to be on the one side that is correct from my point of view. This is not the place to talk about my thoughts on this, so I'm just explaining my choice.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, GiampieroSilvestri said:

Very nice Yak-9T!

I am sorry to say it but if thinking like this modellers should also not build anything with a Eisernes Kreuz, Hinomaro, American, British, Italian or French and Spanish roundel, Portuguese markings,Chinese,Hungarian,Romanian,Slovak,Finnish,Lithuanian,Latvian,Estonian,Danish,Austrian,Serbian,Dutch,Belgian,South African,Turkish,Croatian,Iranian,Iraqi,Saudi Arabian,Katari,Yemenite,Australian,New Zealand,Zimbabwean,Argentinian,Chilean and even Ukrainian markings.There are certainly more but these are the countries that have a "problematic" history that I remember.So there will not be much left to build but civilian cars and motorcycles.

Saluti

Giampiero

For the aforementioned countries that is indeed, "history". What's happening with Russia is not, that's the difference.

Besides, it's easy to be politically correct when their rockets are not hitting your streets and you see friends and family members flee their homes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, GiampieroSilvestri said:

There are certainly more but these are the countries that have a "problematic" history that I remember.So there will not be much left to build but civilian cars and motorcycles.

Saluti

Giampiero

Never mind.  Everyone has the right to state their opinion, and as @Fuad rightly mentions - the conflict is current, not historical.  It's a massive difference.  @Fuad is also correct in stating this is not the place to discuss such things.  He stated an opinion, which I happen to agree with.... he didn't invite debate or discussion on it.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Fuad said:

The original did not have a front radiator, had a transparent section on the tail boom, had other lights on the wingtips, had some bulges on the cowl and was almost all metal. My modification is earlier and refers to the end of the Second World War.

— Tell me, is it true that Katz won a million in the lottery?
— Really. But not Katz, but Rabinovich. Not in the lottery, but in cards. Not a million, but a hundred rubles. And he didn't win, but lost.

19 hours ago, Fuad said:

But I gave my word not to make Soviet stars anymore ...

politics is such a policy when it is what kind of policy it should be

a very offensive smudge on the belly behind the wing

Edited by FFE
  • Thanks 1

I'm going to have to intervene here, as politics has crept into this thread, and we're a no-politics site.  Keep it out, and everyone should be fine.  Carry on, and I can almost guarantee it won't. :shrug:

We're also an English speaking site, so Только английский язык, пожалуйста

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2