Zeppelin U Class

You have got a little bunch of Zepps, haven't you?  Was it the sanding action that attracted you to build them, or 'other uses' later? :analintruder:

They're very nice either way.  I'd like a Zepp in my stash, but as 1:48 is my preferred scale, it might be a bit large :owww:

• Like 2

In the words of Ernest P. Worrell... What we have here, is a failure to accumulate but an outstanding collection of wonderful museum quality airships none the less. Well done my Friend.. Now you just need to add the Akron, Macon, and Shenandoah to make it complete.:hmmm:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

You have got a little bunch of Zepps, haven't you?  Was it the sanding action that attracted you to build them, or 'other uses' later? :analintruder:

They're very nice either way.  I'd like a Zepp in my stash, but as 1:48 is my preferred scale, it might be a bit large :owww:

Off the top of my head Mike that would put it around 3-3.5 meters, give or take. Doable, but I wouldn't want to try and hang it on the ceiling.:gobsmacked:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

I wouldn't want to try and hang it on the ceiling.

That's about four times the usable length of my workbench, so I think we're going to have to leave the Zepps to the experts like Martin ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Very interesting modelling. Like the way they are mounted. Nice collection building; almost enough for a big raid 🤓

You may already have a copy. If not, The Zeppelin in Combat: a History of the German Naval Airship Division by Douglas Robinson (revised edition 2004) is considered the standard reference for Kaiserliche Marine Zeppelins and is a comprehensive if rather dry read. The revised edition has lots more terrific photos than the 1997 original. I had to import my copy from Germany almost 20 years ago and it was pricey back then, as it is now, but there are 2nd hand bargains to be found.

Zeppelin-in-Combat.jpg

• Thanks 1

Lovely work Martian - a nest of Zeppelins is a wondrous thing! Great finish and most entertaining following the journey...

• Thanks 1

On 19/08/2022 at 22:13, LorenSharp said:

Off the top of my head Mike that would put it around 3-3.5 meters, give or take. Doable, but I wouldn't want to try and hang it on the ceiling.:gobsmacked:

Why not? it will be very light!😂

• Haha 1