Euro One colour scheme

MarcV

28 minutes ago, bar side said:

I am giving the Hataka set a go for mine - seems to include all of the required paints for the Euro scheme(s)

Please let us know how you like them, especially in terms of the color renditions. I've got a couple of upcoming jobs for which the Hataka paints would work well.

1 minute ago, Seawinder said:

Please let us know how you like them, especially in terms of the color renditions. I've got a couple of upcoming jobs for which the Hataka paints would work well.

Will do.  Should be a couple of weeks before I get to spraying, but I am intrigued to see how they work out

5 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

36081 is a standard Mercedes colour.

I must admit that I have never seen a Mercedes automobile painted with matte USAF camouflage colour.  Do you have a photograph to share?

Best wishes

No I don't but our paint supplier informed us of this when they produced a paint batch for our A-10. If I get time today, and remember, I will check the paint locker as he made us some aerosols as well as the 25 litre drums.

3 minutes ago, ElectroSoldier said:

I thought the Euro 1dark green was a different dark green to the SEA dark green,

Depends on the type. A-10's, for one, used FS34092 as the lighter green for their standard scheme, Phantoms did not, retaining the FS34102. 

Cheers,

Andre

7 hours ago, Hook said:

Depends on the type. A-10's, for one, used FS34092 as the lighter green for their standard scheme, Phantoms did not, retaining the FS34102. 

Cheers,

Andre

Pretty sure 34092 was the darker green along with 34102 and 36081 for the A-10 Euro scheme.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

I thought the Euro 1dark green was a different dark green to the SEA dark green, while the tan was replaced by FS 36081 (Euro 1) dark grey (Also used on the KC-135, B-1B, B-52 in various different schemes) 

According to the 1-1-4 of 21 Mar 78, Chg 17 it is 36081, 34079, and 34102.

Later,

Dave

13 hours ago, Seawinder said:

Pretty sure 34092 was the darker green along with 34102 and 36081 for the A-10 Euro scheme.

Duh, you're right! Thanks for the correction.

Cheers,

Andre

14 hours ago, e8n2 said:

According to the 1-1-4 of 21 Mar 78, Chg 17 it is 36081, 34079, and 34102.

Later,

Dave

Just to avoid confusion, these are the colors for the F-4 version of Euro I (only), per the OP's original question.

As noted above the A-10 wore another version using 34092/34102/36081 (as the official scheme - there were variations before this was standardized as a replacement for the MASK gray scheme).

The official Euro I scheme for transport and utility types substituted 36118, a lighter gray, for 36081, using the same greens as the A-10 - though the darker green was also subject to some odd variations, most notably on a number of the C-5 fleet.

• Like 2

There are variations in euro 1 though on F-4s. The grey I'm pretty sure was one of two shades...early schemes used a charcoal type 36081, then later changed to a lighter gunship grey 36118. Also the dark green 34079 varied from a dark green to an olivey brown with fading etc. Always worth consulting some photos of your particular machine that you are modelling. Only the 34102 seemed to be fairly consistent.

• Like 1