Mig-25 Foxbat questions

dov

Hallo

Today I need help, for some detailed information on this famous Russian jet. What do I seek for?

1. Which panels in the rear, all views, side, top, and bottom are in pure metal? In my case, please the RBT version.
  2. And what do the panels where the probes are attached look like? The AoA panel is probably circular pure metal?
  3. The antennas at the bottom of the forward fuselage? Which color?
  4. The lenses for camera, and light, how does the sealing look like?
  5. What do you suggest for the overall color in Gunze C-range? Anti-glare and cone?
  6. The pylons I have in my ICM kit, are basic only. Which color? Grey, pure metal or anything else?

The model is already finished, polished with 2400. Before attaching Eduard etched parts for the panels.

My nozzles are from Res-Kit. Quite well.

I built some time ago the Mig-31. This kit is well designed, but ill designed with a cone on the stubs for attachment of main wheel and tail-plane.

Thank you all in forward.

Happy modelling

I can't answer any of your questions, unfortunately, Dov. I can tell you that - assuming the Mig-25 used the same canopy-sealant as the Mig-31 - that sealant is a very obvious, bright pink colour, I am basing this on the photos in the EXCELLENT HMH Publications "Duke Hawkins" reference book.

Chris.  

• Like 1

1  a bit on the rear empennage sides, a lot underneath. Somebody may have covered this in more detail in reviews or builds of the Kitty Hawk monster. 

AOA small metallic circle with probe sticking out

3  Metallic steel, changing to a bronze colour late in the RBT 's life. Ones further back in airframe grey. 

4  Originally a black colour later overpainted in the Foxbat teflon grey, but some showing a slightly yellow ochre colour seal — not the late pink canopy stuff as far as I can tell 

5  -- can't answer --

6  RBTs didn't fly with proper pylons as such (just the huge centreline tank, sometimes) 

Agree entirely that the ICM kit's weak points, literally, are the cone-shaped stubs for attachment of main wheel and tail-plane. I was hoping @Ali62 might make replacement brass cantilever legs with a much better compressed gait and proper pins for the wheels; the rear stabilator attack points need replacing with brass or steel pins. 

Tony 

• Like 1

Hallo

The outline of metallic panels on the rear and specially underside, I could not find out yet.

Maybe I will find some more at Gordon's books.

@tony.tyes, this is all correct!

The book of the 31 is perfect,  I will transfer all infos on the 25 airframe more or less. I supose,  that this is the best and most accurate way.

Happy modelling 

• 2 weeks later...