F-84G Tamiya 1/72eme Korea 1st Part

Hello! 

Today's kit has an history as it is a survivor of my trash bin: I started to build the Tamiya excellent F-84G but, to improve a little bit it, I had the silly idea to adapt an old French resin aftermarket product (for the Heller kit). The result was disastrous and catastrophic, as it didn't fit at all and as a result, I finally broke in two parts the fuselage. Rage rage rage! I threw the whole stuff in the bin but, after calming down, considering the price and not wanting to invest in another one (shipping cost is a killer) I decided to rebuild it. I just dropped the flaps and ailerons, add a vacform canopy and enhanced the wheel wells.

Painting was done using various shades of ALCLAD II. I faced another problem with the Aeromaster sheet  CH 72-02, the decals have badly reacted to the decal set softener. So I finally painted the fin yellow and added black stripes.

Curiously I didn't find any photos of FS-460 even is Osprey Frontline Color 3 so I can't tell about the accuracy of the Aeromaster sheet. By looking to pictures of aircraft of the 49th FBG, I didn't find any evidence of aircraft wearing stripes on the horizontal stabilizers so I didn't put them, as indicated in the Aeromaster instructions. 

If anybody has some photos of FS-460, I will be very happy to see them to enhance my kit! 

Photos: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

...and, as usual, the little diorama:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

That's it! Thank you for looking, critics most welcomed!

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1