Prey

The latest installment in the Predator franchise.  This has to be the best film I've seen all year.   Even better than The Batman.

It is wonderful to see a native American influence in the franchise again.   One of the characters is Raphael Adolini.  This is the name inscribed on the flintlock pistol that Harrigan is given as a trophy in Predator 2.

As Jesse Ventura tweeted, Amber Midthunder ain't got time to bleed.  :thumbsup: 

Very highly recommended.   The only criticism that I have is that the film is only 100 minutes long.  It should have been 107. 

Not wanting to be the voice of dissent here, but I thought it "watchable" only. Certainly won't be one I'll be watching again, anytime soon. 

Chris.  

Edited by spruecutter96
Correcting a typo.
  • Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 9:34 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

But you've got to admit it was far better than any of the AVP offerings... 

Staring at a blank wall for two hours would be preferable to watching the AVP movies. They were a pile of dog's eggs, pure and simple. Two great opportunities, utterly wasted. 

Chris.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2022 at 9:20 PM, spruecutter96 said:

Not wanting to be the voice of dissent here, but I thought it "watchable" only. Certainly won't be one I'll be watching again, anytime soon. 

Chris.  

You're not the only one.

I thougnt it slow to get going, but very watchable once it did. 

In no hurry to put it on again though,  unlike the original Predator which still remains great after many, many repeated viewings:)

And to be highly controversial, I  LIKED  AvP.....      :worms:

(... but not the 2nd AvP...)

Edited by IanHx
  • Like 3

We watched it and it’s “okay”, unfortunately the tension is blown by the baddy being revealed way too early.

A pity really, as it’s beautifully filmed in fantastic locations, the actors perform well and it seems to be set in its period convincingly (ignoring the sci-fi element!).

I quite enjoyed it, although I wouldn't put it in the 100 best films category.  It was nice to see it going back to the old ways, using practical effects where they were able, as long as it looked realistic.  I watched Amber Midthunder in another movie about ice road trucking with Liam Neeson's nose in it.  She was good in that too. :)