Red Arrows 7 ship

exdraken

Interesting.  If true then someone who is supposed to be in charge hasn't nipped it in the bud when it should have been.  One never quite knows with journalism however.  

I did see the seven ship team perform at RIAT this year.  The display seemed somewhat lacking tbh and I had attributed that to the limitations imposed by the seven ship formation.  The sub par display IMHO (and I've had the privilege of watching them for some 50 years now) wasn't exactly helped by being followed later in the day by a truly stunning display from the South Korean Black Eagles. 

Unless socks are pulled up, if and where they need to be, I can see the bean counters rubbing hands and saying well "not value for money anymore so lets save a few ££££'s" and that is certainly not welcome.

One saving grace is the Daily Mail have it that down way so its probably wrong then

The Times reported much the same story yesterday and various individual elements of the story have been reported upon at different times during the course of the year so perhaps either someone is merely adding 1+1 to make 3 or someone has in fact broken ranks and spoken out.

Don't know if there is much of a threat from 'bean counters' per se but the upper reaches of the RAF does seem to have an aversion to what it perceives as bad publicity as we  might recall from 'I'm with stupid'  and then again on a more practical level there might be some in authority who may be reminded of Sir Arthur Harris' concerns over elites within elites.

• Like 1

One pilot was withdrawn after allegations of personal misconduct. Another resigned from the team because of his view of the culture within the team.

There are rumours of much unhappiness inside the team and I believe a report is being or has been written by someone at very high level, considering what to do about it.  Sad.  

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, JohnT said:

It’s back as lead front page story in todays issue of The Times. Surprised tbh what with everything else that’s going on but what do I know about what sells newspapers

indeed:

sorry, partly behind a paywall here:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/red-arrows-engulfed-by-bullying-and-assault-row-wldnbp6zx

16 minutes ago, exdraken said:

If you go to the BBC news web site and look at the section on whats in todays papers it enlarges enough to read whats on the front page - sneaky !!!:D then it continues on page 5.

From what is on Page 1 it seems a re-hash of what has been said in the press earlier.  I wonder why the prominent re-hash then ?  :hmmm: Someone with an agenda and influence or an axe to grind maybe ?

There does seem to something very wrong at the top of the Air Force as well as with the Red Arrows. The CAS is apparently preparing a report, but given that he seems to have already behaved in a very dubious manner (to say the least)  with regard to a coroner's inquest into a Red Arrow's accident, I wouldn't hold out much hope of anything  useful coming out of it. 

Morale in some quarters is taking nosedive. Very sad. 

1 hour ago, John B (Sc) said:

There does seem to something very wrong at the top of the Air Force as well as with the Red Arrows. The CAS is apparently preparing a report, but given that he seems to have already behaved in a very dubious manner (to say the least)  with regard to a coroner's inquest into a Red Arrow's accident, I wouldn't hold out much hope of anything  useful coming out of it. 

Morale in some quarters is taking nosedive. Very sad. 

One pharse sums all this up ....and a lot of other scenarios....you only get out what you put in....obviously Id use other words but im the height of politeness