What 1:32 scale postwar British aircraft kits are there available nowadays?

bootneck

I am currently building a couple of 1:35 Land Rover kits as airfield ground support types.  It would be nice if I could put one onto a base alongside an aircraft.  Anyone know if there's anything out there?

cheers,
Mike

• bootneck changed the title to What 1:32 scale postwar British aircraft kits are there available nowadays?

In 1/32 the Revell Hawker Hunters come mind. Also the Hawks. 

There are allegedly 1/32 Lightnings if you can thole their shapes. Plus the old but accurate Echelon vac model if you are feeling rich

Infinitis new Vampires and the HK Meteor. 

Revell/Matchbox Sea Venom and Venom nightfighter

Tigger Models do a Chipmunk vac and a Jet Provost

PS. How could I forget the Harrier and the GR1 re-release

• Like 3

What might have been 

In 2014 Heritage were thinking of a Folland Gnat 

and a few years back Paul Fisher was being tempted by thoughts of a 1/32 Gloster Javelin.  I’d have been up for that 

Cant think of anything else current off the shelf

Here is my 1/32 Trumpeter F2a Lightning (much modified!!) alongside a kids toy Land Rover that I painted up. I do know that this type of Land Rover wasn't in production as the same time as the Lightning but it does add scale?spacer.png

• Like 6

As mentioned the 2 renditions of the Tornado (Revell & Italieri) plus the Revell ADV. Tamiya Phantom F-4J(UK) of 74 Sqn. Trumpeter Harrier GR7.

• Like 1

If you're feeling adventurous, you could dress up the ancient Revell F-4J as a J(UK), with lots of work. The Phantom referred to above is not an RAF Phantom in the sense of a Spey one, but from the two handful of stopgap Js for 74 Sq.

Mike

if going down the F-4J ex USN from storage used by 74 Sqn as a stop gap till Tornado F3 arrives then Yellowhammer Decals did all the aircraft markings and series for such a beastie. Tricky to find them these days I think

Sadly no Spey engined UK birds other than cutting and slashing a US bird. Not an easy conversion at all but some brilliant ones done on here 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bootneck said:

That's interesting, anyone know any more about that?

Mike

Very rare and not that well received though I don’t know the merits either way. If one come up it easily sells north of several hundred pounds 

22 hours ago, bootneck said:

That's interesting, anyone know any more about that?

Mike

Mate, if you had one you wouldn’t be building it! Very limited edition, very expensive even on initial release, just gone up. I have seen a couple on eBay, and you could have bought a clapped out Landy for the same sale price!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks all, 

I have sourced a Revell 1:32 Hawker Hunter and that should fit in well woth my Land Rovers.

On 17/08/2022 at 02:04, NAVY870 said:

Which Landrover kits?

Tamiya SAS - series 2

Italeri hard top - series 3

Italeri soft top - series 3 - conversion to TACR1

spacer.png

Mike

• Like 2

Not sure what post war means to you exactly, but there is a Revell and  Trumpeter Eurofighter Typhoon in 1:32

Also a Puma helicopter, an an Apache as well ( A model though...!)