Greetings from Ukraine!

SarmaT

Hello everyone!

Originally I’m from Donetsk – the town where the toy factory produced most of the FROG/NOVO kits from 70-s till 90-s. So I’m sniffing the model glue since I was seven.

The trouble is that I’m trying to embrace in modeling everything and at once: military aviation from biplanes to jets (including Luft’46), AFV and miniatures. Now, mostly making aircrafts in 1/72, sometimes AFV in both 1/35 and 1/72, and my son hooked me on Warhammer minies. And as a result of that – not being an expert in any subject. On the top of that, the amount of the boxes at my apartment (probably, like with many other model fans in the world) is just a little bit less than in a shop. But I adore them all and want to improve my skills and make each new model better.

Thanks for allowing me to join the forum and hope for new interesting builds with your help!

253499092_LockheedPV-1VenturaFrog1-72.jp

916180317_T-2600.jpg.fd89e6df38f36930b1c

1383974624_me16300c.jpg.1689b823e2164066

300415132_BloodAngelsCaptainGW1-48.jpg.6

1265103892_-311-Roden1-72.jpg.8b9a601e61

• Like 46

Welcome to the forum,  your models look very nice from the pictures.  I am a 72nd scale aircraft modeller, and been modelling pretty well from coming back to the hobby in about 1977-8,  although lost most of them in the course of moves etc.  

Stay safe in these awful times for your country and people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, socjo1 said:

Warm regards, mate!

You show us very interesting models, I hope see another!

Michal.

Hi, Michal! When I registrated at the forum, looked through some models for inspection and couldn't pass by your Tornado. Read the whole build though that was fast)). Great model, congratulation! And thanks for support!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mr T said:

Welcome to the forum,  your models look very nice from the pictures.  I am a 72nd scale aircraft modeller, and been modelling pretty well from coming back to the hobby in about 1977-8,  although lost most of them in the course of moves etc.  

Stay safe in these awful times for your country and people. 

Thanks for kind words! Lot's of plans, including British aircrafts as well 🤝

1 hour ago, dnl42 said:

Welcome aboard! :clap2:

Please do stay safe.

20 minutes ago, jackroadkill said:

Great to have a new member from Ukraine; we stand in solidarity with the Ukrainian people.  Slava Ukraini!

Thank you, guys! Your concern is very touching! Hopefully with the help of many countries and people we’ll overcome! 💪🙏

Edited by SarmaT
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

:welcome: aboard - there seems to be more than a bit of expertise in some subjects by the looks of your models :yes:

Cheers for warm welcome! It’s still a long way to go and learn 🤝😊

• Like 1

Welcome aboard.

Your models are awesome.

Looking forward to seeing more amazing 1/72 aeroplanes. Is that an old Novo Ventura?

Good luck and best wishes to you and your family.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Smudge said:

Welcome aboard.

Your models are awesome.

Looking forward to seeing more amazing 1/72 aeroplanes. Is that an old Novo Ventura?

Good luck and best wishes to you and your family.

Thank you! It really is old NOVO Ventura😊. Decal is far from being ideal but I printed it myself. In my works I pay more attention to the artistic part rather than technical compliance. I still have some NOVO models left and from time to time build them with special attachment using them mostly as an art palette 😜

6E8DC4F6-FCCE-42E2-AC81-036AEF0939C9.jpe
B8BB869C-BA53-4F28-A9F5-B02B293AC7AD.jpe

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Neddy said:

Welcome to the forum!  Your models are amazing, I've never seen an Me163 Komet model before.

Thanks! Actually, there are Komet models in 1/48 and 1/32 scale as well. As for Academy it’s a good quality and reasonable price. Besides, it allows to build twin seater as well. 
1653427007_me16301.jpg.c0f6b32cad05fc514

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Smudge said:

Old Novo kit's can still be fun to build,

Very true saying! Now Tupolev SB-2 Spanish version in plans

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello SarmaT … :post1: from Chicago in the USA. I mostly build military aviation with the odd piece of armor or Sci-fi. Sometimes I wish I was still 20 as Id probably have volunteered to help in Ukraine. 
Dennis

Slava Ukraini🇺🇦

Nice to meet you, Dennis! Thanks for support! We receive help from all over the world: weapon, ammunition, medicine, food, finance and moral as well. We do appreciate it!🤝

• Like 2

Wow! Those are some very classy model that you've built there. Welcome aboard, and I look forward to seeing more of them (especially the AFV's)

And the best of luck with the domestic situation.

John.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, SarmaT said:

Originally I’m from Donetsk – the town where the toy factory produced most of the FROG/NOVO kits from 70-s till 90-s. So I’m sniffing the model glue since I was seven.

Hi and welcome @SarmaT

I often wondered about the factory that made the NOVO kits and where it was - I'd imagined it being somewhere in Siberia for no real reason. A stall in an indoor market where I lived stocked them and have fond memories of buying loads of them in the 80's; ridiculously cheap prices for ex Frog EE Lightnings, Canberras, Buccaneers, Harriers, Hunters etc - Britmodeller heaven!  I still have a box full of them in my loft.  I thought it a very odd that such types were being made or even allowed in the USSR at the time!  

Plastic modelling does seem rich and vibrant in Ukraine with a number of manufacturers making fantastic kits (imaginative subjects and superb quality). I still rate the ICM 1/48  OV-10A as the kit of the year. 

That's a great job you've done on the Ventura. :goodjob:

Best wishes

Rich

• Thanks 1