Airfix Fairey Battle, upgraded!

What a great result, I've followed along in the WIP and wouldn't  have had your patience to keep at it for more than 4 years. Vey inspirational, and the 3d printing was interesting.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRAVISSIMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Having watched the WIP and knowing what went into this one, I can only declare this one as an absolute winner Ian, and a very fitting tribute to those airmen involved in the raids.

You also deserve a medal for using that well known technique of putting immense effort into a build to create the proverbial silk purse ........ in order to ensure that someone soon after releases a new tool version! That is definitely taking one for the team!!

Well done on all fronts.

Terry

• Haha 1

That is absolutely stunning Ian. It was a very informative thread in the WIP, and some fantastic work went into it. Basically, it was an inspiration.

Ray

• Like 1

Fantastic build! You turned Airfix's venerable esteemed mess into a real looker. 
Some time ago I toyed with the idea of upgrading this same kit. When I saw the work involved in your build thread that became a big "No, thanks" for me. I'm glad you persevered and show us this great result!

• Like 1

Definitely makes a change from the “stick a Spitfire nose on it and put it on shelf correction!” Seriously, I have recently started 3D printing some parts. The hobby is undergoing a big change. You and others here are leading the way in showing the possibilities. Well done. 

• Thanks 1

What a result - a Trigger's broom of a build if ever there was one!  How much of the original kit is left, or at least unmodified, do you reckon?  You've really pulled out a result with this build - I wish I had the patience and skill to do the same.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jackroadkill said:

What a result - a Trigger's broom of a build if ever there was one!  How much of the original kit is left, or at least unmodified, do you reckon?  You've really pulled out a result with this build - I wish I had the patience and skill to do the same.

Of the original kit parts used (fuselage, wings, tail surfaces, prop) none are unmodified. 

Many thanks to all for such positive feedback! It really is appreciated when fellow modellers show their appreciation on such a scale, a real feel good factor!

I have to say it didn't actually take 4 years of effort, just that it took that long with other builds being started and finished during that time.

I have a strong feeling that the Taube may be appearing back in the WIP very soon! (Another build stopped and started more than once!)

Ian

• Like 1