Airfix Bucc from Hannants?

Graham T

Not that I'm paranoid or anything but has anybody received the Airfix Bucc from Hannants.  It's been on back order by me for months (receiving a 10% discount) but I've heard zilch from them since its release.  Yes I HAVE tried calling them but can't get through.

Based on the note on the Hannants item page, it appears they depleted their initial stock before all the pre-orders were filled. They do say more stock is expected by the end of August or early September. Hannants has always been very reliable so I’m sure you’ll get your kit if you wait but if you want it sooner you’ll have to find an alternate source.

• Thanks 1

I’ve ordered from Hannants, and, back order all of the time, including you got it      a Buccaneer. 

Have you seen it in your back order list?

Have you agreed for Hannants to bill you for back order’s via PayPal?

Have you seen it in stock and tried to move from your back order list to your basket? (There have been some errors that crept in, ie: you see the last one in stock , move it from your back order to your basket, then when you go to pay and it’s now out of stock and your back order list is now clear….and now you think you’ve lost your 10%…..)

Have they emailed you to say that your……. Item has come into stock?  As it’s better for you to deal with it yourself.  I say that as in the past when they used to hold your credit card details they would automatically bill and send it out. Rule changes means they can’t buy it on your behalf now as they need your three digit security number on the back of the card, but they now can’t hold that. That’s why the can use PayPal…….

Finally have they emailed you to say that they have run out of stock and you’ll be inline for the next batch…..? They dispatch first come first serve…..

Hope this helps.   😉

39 minutes ago, amos brierley said:

I’ve ordered from Hannants, and, back order all of the time, including you got it      a Buccaneer. 

Have you seen it in your back order list?

Have you agreed for Hannants to bill you for back order’s via PayPal?

Have you seen it in stock and tried to move from your back order list to your basket? (There have been some errors that crept in, ie: you see the last one in stock , move it from your back order to your basket, then when you go to pay and it’s now out of stock and your back order list is now clear….and now you think you’ve lost your 10%…..)

Have they emailed you to say that your……. Item has come into stock?  As it’s better for you to deal with it yourself.  I say that as in the past when they used to hold your credit card details they would automatically bill and send it out. Rule changes means they can’t buy it on your behalf now as they need your three digit security number on the back of the card, but they now can’t hold that. That’s why the can use PayPal…….

Finally have they emailed you to say that they have run out of stock and you’ll be inline for the next batch…..? They dispatch first come first serve…..

Hope this helps.   😉

Filing this process under "too bloody complicated"!  Yes it's in my backorders, yes I had an email, yes changed my payment method to paypal, yes tried moving it from backorder to basket but no can do, yes one shown in stock but no way of adding THAT to my basket. Cancelled on Hannants  & ordered from Jadlam! (£69.95 inc. postage). 🙂

• Like 1

I had one on back order at the Big H; I was notified about a week ago that it was in stock. I immediately confirmed the order and paid via my credit card. I've since had an email from Parcelforce to say that it's in their system. Normally that means I'll get it in about 7-10 days - probably next Monday or thereabouts. So Hannants had them for a brief moment - clearly they had more back orders than they had supplies. As others have said they will come good eventually, but not before Airfix gets more kits to them. Your guess is as good as mine as to when that might be!

3 hours ago, Admiral Puff said:

I had one on back order at the Big H; I was notified about a week ago that it was in stock. I immediately confirmed the order and paid via my credit card. I've since had an email from Parcelforce to say that it's in their system. Normally that means I'll get it in about 7-10 days - probably next Monday or thereabouts. So Hannants had them for a brief moment - clearly they had more back orders than they had supplies. As others have said they will come good eventually, but not before Airfix gets more kits to them. Your guess is as good as mine as to when that might be!

Not true.  I never back ordered the Buccaneer, but when I saw in stock on 8/9, I ordered it.  It shipped on 8/12

Not wanting to rub anyone's noise in anything, I was in Hannants London on Sunday and Carmel said the limited number of Buccs they had ordered from the warehouse had flown off their shelves (I think they had one or two left). 

Cheers. 

Chris. 

PS: I thought I'd read that Hannants are no longer taking phone-calls from the public...

Edited by spruecutter96
Amending some information.

1 hour ago, spruecutter96 said:

Not wanting to rub anyone's noise in anything, I was in Hannants London on Sunday and Carmel said the limited number of Buccs they had ordered from the warehouse had flown off their shelves (I think they had one or two left). 

Cheers. 

Chris. 

PS: I thought I'd read that Hannants are no longer taking phone-calls from the public...

From their website, in the announcements section on the front page:

Whilst our phone lines are switched off at Lowestoft (often they are on in the afternoon) please email any questions to [email protected]. Please do not telephone or email Colindale because Colindale is separately owned and they do not know anything about the mailorder side of the business so cannot ever assist you.

Received mine from Mr H it had been on back order for sometime, but is has turned up. 

I'm not blaming Mr H but the kit box does not smell very nice and, the decal sheet was quite badly creased. the empty kit box is sat in my garage trying to freshen up a bit.

The decals are at the bottom of a pile of heavy books.

It sort of took the shine off receiving the long awaited kit.

RR.

Had mine on back-order for ages, so pounced when they were in stock: transferred to basket from backorders at the discounted rate then promptly paid for it (along with some standby items to take the order into postage free). Once successfully ordered  I deleted the back order as I didn't want couldn't afford a second one quite yet.

Instead of the Big H customary box within a box nestled amongst shredded cardboard, the Bucc box was within a tight fitting cardboard outer apparently supplied by the Indian manufacturer and posted like that. Mine arrived partly crushed but, thankfully, the contents weren't damaged (saved in part by the rest of my order being stuffed inside the Bucc box, making it more solid in places) . 

If this is the way the Big H are now sending out kits I might start dicing it with Jadlam et al. The crushed box took some of the shine off but as this one's a builder I'll soon buy a second for the stash and have that lovely artwork without a horrible crease in it.

As for speed, no more than a day and a bit elapsed between paying for the backorder after transferring it to the cart and it arriving at my front door in Bristol. 

Tony 

13 minutes ago, tony.t said:

Had mine on back-order for ages, so pounced when they were in stock: transferred to basket from backorders at the discounted rate then promptly paid for it (along with some standby items to take the order into postage free). Once successfully ordered  I deleted the back order as I didn't want couldn't afford a second one quite yet.

Instead of the Big H customary box within a box nestled amongst shredded cardboard, the Bucc box was within a tight fitting cardboard outer apparently supplied by the Indian manufacturer and posted like that. Mine arrived partly crushed but, thankfully, the contents weren't damaged (saved in part by the rest of my order being stuffed inside the Bucc box, making it more solid in places) . 

If this is the way the Big H are now sending out kits I might start dicing it with Jadlam et al. The crushed box took some of the shine off but as this one's a builder I'll soon buy a second for the stash and have that lovely artwork without a horrible crease in it.

As for speed, no more than a day and a bit elapsed between paying for the backorder after transferring it to the cart and it arriving at my front door in Bristol. 

Tony 

Exactly the same for me, as soon as I received the email I transferred to my basket with some other AM that I wanted.  The Bucc arrived a few days later in an Airfix outer box cut to closely fit with all the AM inside the Bucc kit.  Kit box was undamaged and no problems like any short shot parts or strange smells encountered.  Glueing has commenced.  :whistle:

Hannants don't process backorders immediately as they give you time to fill you basket with other goodies or even hold it back if they know another backordered item is due to arrive soon to save you postage. If you're eager, as others have done, you can move the backorder to your basket and hit the complete order button. This is all explained on Hannants website.

4 hours ago, tony.t said:

Tony 

I've heard of others being supplied like this, its not just a Big H thing.

Eng

5 hours ago, tony.t said:

Tony 

The Buccaneers have been supplied to model shops by Hornby in individual boxes of the type you got. This is standard for larger items from Hornby such as Railway and Scalextric sets and now seems to happening with kits.  It is all designed for the mailorder business, the retailer simply has to put on the address label and send it out.

• Like 1

Model Junction in Bury St Edmunds had one in the window on Friday morning and they do mail order if anyone is desperate.

Super shop, very well established - my only link is an occasional visit when I'm down that way.

On 8/19/2022 at 2:56 PM, Roof Rat said:

Received mine from Mr H it had been on back order for sometime, but is has turned up. 

I'm not blaming Mr H but the kit box does not smell very nice and, the decal sheet was quite badly creased. the empty kit box is sat in my garage trying to freshen up a bit.

The decals are at the bottom of a pile of heavy books.

It sort of took the shine off receiving the long awaited kit.

RR.

The boxes absolutely stink if I'm being honest. Mrs B immediately put our batch in the stock room and refused to handle them again. Thankfully, as others have said, they come from the manufacturer in individual boxes so all we have to do is slap the delivery address on and get them out the door.

Duncan B

• Like 1