AT-AT in Miniature

Sunday update time again. Stand by for pictures! 5...4...3...etc

QPBUdFT.jpg

I got a bit of time on this yesterday so I did a bit of painting. Mostly detail stuff. I'd already done a very pale thin green wash to the buildings.

This morning I added a streaky grey wash to them. I want an old, established, almost forgotten outpost look to it.

UcVE4d5.jpg

I think I've got what I wanted. The power station.

u3ElUzk.jpg 

The Comms centre. Hopefully I've got a sort of mouldy look to it all

wUQ0lqo.jpg

The drone caught this shot on it's the way past. I've grubbied up the tarmac a bit too. 

yEl14kg.jpg

A bit more height produced this shot of the tower. The orange ball was a bead. The yellow part in the dish was a tank drivewheel.

q0WxlCi.jpg

The AT-AT got it's engine, undersides and legs painted this morning. Then I added some weathering. I've already corrected the front of the head.

TpD5mKf.jpg

Last shot from the drone. The body and head of the AT-AT will be camouflaged but it's going to take a fair bit of masking.

Hopefully I can make a start on that next weekend. Until then, many thanks for looking in. Keep the comments coming.

Cheers for now, Pete

• Like 14

It looks great. Nice kitbash.

I judge it from a non-fan's point of view. Star Wars has never been on my top SF list, although there are quite a few visually great things there IMO.

• Thanks 1

Think you got them outpost colours about right Butch. :thumbsup2:

On 26/09/2022 at 18:09, Uncle Monty said:

definitely got that evil empire look about them.

I was going to say that it reminded me of a place I used to deliver to in Croydon but the same thing I guess...

• Thanks 1