Ukrainian Su-27s loadout

Silenoz

I'm almost finished constructing the baseparts of my Su-27 from the Ukrainian airforce. Now I'm looking at the weapons load-out that would be feasible in current times. On the outer pylons I had some R-77's in mind, some R-27's to complement this either in the middle or under the nacelle, but what other configurations would be used in the war? Are they also used in the bomber role? 

As far as I'm aware, the Su-27s are used solely for air defence/CAP duties. Regarding the missile loads, the R-77s are not in service with Ukraine and a typical load out would be, from wingtip to wingtip:

R-73

R-73

R-27

R-27(nacelle)

R-27 (between intakes, front)

R-27 (between intakes, rear)

R-27 (nacelle)

R-27

R-73

R-73

Here is an image of the jet that diverted to Romania in late February:

Su-27-Ukrainian-Air-Force.jpg?itok=Hn2FR

Cheers

Dave

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

It seems they were use though on the one or other ground attack mission. One on Snake Island was even filmed with drones.

I'd assume 250 kg free fall bombs on that??

Regarding air to air missiles, be careful on which station you put the ER ( extended range, longer R-27 and IR R-27 missiles!

On 15/08/2022 at 18:56, exdraken said:

It seems they were use though on the one or other ground attack mission. One on Snake Island was even filmed with drones.

I'd assume 250 kg free fall bombs on that??

Regarding air to air missiles, be careful on which station you put the ER ( extended range, longer R-27 and IR R-27 missiles!

The footage certainly appears to be Su-27's although the sizable explosions created by the ordinance might suggest larger than 250kg? I read something lately, maybe AFM, that stated the Snake Island raid was carried out by Fencers and also mentoined the squadron involved.🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Did the upgrade program (carried out in Belarus if I remember correctly) not include an upgrade to the weapons systems to allow more ground attack options or was that just the UB's that got the upgrades?

Duncan B

• Thanks 1

So far I've only found single and double FFAR (the Russian version then...) and maybe some S-25's but I think these were only Su-25 or Russian more advanced versions. so far I've made these:

1290825-11032-90-720.jpg

That is a confirmed may-out of this aircraft that landed in Romania:

https://theaviationist.com/2022/03/01/ukrainian-su-27-returns-to-ukraine/

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2022 at 8:13 PM, Silenoz said:

Will try if I can replicate these launchers (b-8m1) in this scale.

Which scale? In 1/72nd, Zvezda's MiG-29 9.13 and SMT kits, as well as their Yak-130, feature B-8 pods.

Cheers,

Andre