"Queen of the desert" Matilda Tamiya 1 48

Hello Everyone,

This is a Matilda from tamiya on quarter scale. I built a little diorama with the tank driving toward Tobruk during operation Cursader in november 1941.

HpuIoeT.jpg

EV8WKGG.jpg

izTiVji.jpg

aBI0mj6.jpg

I hope you enjoy it.

Regards

Providence

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, spruecutter96 said:

Hi, Providence. 

You have made a great-looking diorama here. If you said it was 1/35th scale, I would have believed you. 

Thanks for sharing with us. 

Chris. 

Thank you for your compliment @Spruecutter96 ! 1/35th scale is a little too big for me.

52 minutes ago, xebec said:

Very nicely done. I admire the subtlety of the paint and weathering. 

26 minutes ago, Milan Mynar said:

Nice vignette and tank.

Thank you @xebec and @Milan Mynar for your kind comment.

Regards

Providence

11 hours ago, Pete Robin said:

Big thumbs up for that, lovely.

Regards

Pete

Thank You Pete !

10 hours ago, StuartH said:

Beautiful model in 1/48 and a very effective base...looks just right 👍

Love the weathering and you've done a great job with the paint scheme. I'd love to do a Matilda but am put off by the masking!

Hi StuartH, thank you for your kind word. With flexible tamiya tape, masking was not very difficult or annoying.

Regards

Providence

This looks great! 

Can i ask what you used for the weathering? I'm just about to start building the 1/35 kit and I'm not a big fan of the really severe weathering that i see on a lot of builds - you've gone for the right level on subtle/low-key-but-effective that I'm after!

9 hours ago, Toby B said:

This looks great! 

Can i ask what you used for the weathering? I'm just about to start building the 1/35 kit and I'm not a big fan of the really severe weathering that i see on a lot of builds - you've gone for the right level on subtle/low-key-but-effective that I'm after!

Thank you Toby!

For the weathering, I began with a wash of light sand oil color, then I added a layer of a more brownish wash on the skirt. I added a lavis of dark brown (tamiya) to increase contrast especially on the flanks. Finally, I added some pigments of sand color on the tracks and on the lowest parts of the tank.

I hope that will help you.

Regards

Providence

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Providence,

Nice Desert Queen, with a caunter scheme, which must have been difficult to do on a small scale (even more so)... It is a tank that I have to do some day (1/35), but its price is very expensive for the "extras" it brings...

Cheers and TC

Francis.👍

3 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Providence,

Nice Desert Queen, with a caunter scheme, which must have been difficult to do on a small scale (even more so)... It is a tank that I have to do some day (1/35), but its price is very expensive for the "extras" it brings...

Cheers and TC

Francis.👍

Thank You FrancisGL ! for the camo, It was longer than difficult to paint.

Regards

Providence