Lynx AH7 crew

Cklasse

I am building an AH7 now and would like to depict it flying. I would put in the pilots and crew and so need to have some details.

Does anyone know where are the communication cords connected for the crew as well as the pilots? 
Where exactly at the helmet will the cord connect?

1 hour ago, Cklasse said:

I am building an AH7 now and would like to depict it flying. I would put in the pilots and crew and so need to have some details.

Does anyone know where are the communication cords connected for the crew as well as the pilots? 
Where exactly at the helmet will the cord connect?

Curly cables drop from the overhead panel for the pilot and co pilot, the rear troop compartment has small tails, not long curly cables for the troops in the back, the loadie plugs into one of those. He also has an extension lead so he can move around the compartment. 

Link has a lot of good pics 

Pretty much as above, the front crew have curly cables that attach outboard of the respective crew position on to the cabin/cockpit bulkhead, near the roof. I.e. For the pilot (sat on the right), the cable is above and behind the right side of their head.

The rear crew member has a lead that connects (if I recall correctly) essentially to the reverse side of where the copilots lead connects (they connect to different things, but are roughly in the same place). 

24 minutes ago, wellsprop said:

Pretty much as above, the front crew have curly cables that attach outboard of the respective crew position on to the cabin/cockpit bulkhead, near the roof. I.e. For the pilot (sat on the right), the cable is above and behind the right side of their head.

The rear crew member has a lead that connects (if I recall correctly) essentially to the reverse side of where the copilots lead connects (they connect to different things, but are roughly in the same place). 

The IC connectors in the rear are very close to the cabin light, very short tails and if memory serves me correct they have pin to stow them when not in use. 

Now that my cabin is coming together, my attention is on the crew. From googling, I have come across various types of uniform for Lynx crew.

I am building the Lynx in the training squadron. Do the crews wear the 3 colours woodlands camouflage uniform or the green only uniform? Will there be a chance when the pilots are in green and the crew behind wears camouflage. I am thinking to paint the crews this way so that the model will look more interesting. Camouflage uniform always look better.

MOD Flying suits were green or sand, to the best of my knowledge, the aircrew would all wear flying suits.

Below, shows the rear aircrew member wearing a flying suit with two further people in the cabin (wearing camo) - I assume these are not part of the regular flying crew.

1000px-Armyaircorps_lynx_ah.7_zd284_at_r

10 minutes ago, wellsprop said:

MOD Flying suits were green or sand, to the best of my knowledge, the aircrew would all wear flying suits.

Below, shows the rear aircrew member wearing a flying suit with two further people in the cabin (wearing camo) - I assume these are not part of the regular flying crew.

1000px-Armyaircorps_lynx_ah.7_zd284_at_r

Not uncommon for the crews to wear combat jackets over their flying suits. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have painted the seat and wonder how does the passenger belt up?

From pictures, I only see a tangled mess of orange straps. One orange strap starts from the top right of each seat and a metal rod with a catch starts from the bottom left of each seat. How do the straps and metal rod come together to secure passenger?

If you look in the walkround section of the Lynx HAS2 XX910 (a pre-production airframe, so very early) there are some photos showing the rear seat belt arrangement.  It basically works like a car seatbelt, albeit without inertia reel