2024 Operation Market-Garden 80th Anniversary GB - 18 & counting

drdjp11

• 7 months later...
On 8/19/2022 at 4:02 AM, vppelt68 said:

"ARMY IN THE SKY
BY W. B. COURTNEY
R A D I O E D FROM LONDON
In the greatest airborne operation ever conceived and executed, 300 miles of planes, gliders, paratroopers, artillery, 
jeeps and supplies dropped out of the heavens onto Holland. The man responsible for this D-Day in aviation was 
General Brereton—or as his men know him, Number One Brass.

Nothing is missed by those large, unblinking dark eyes behind the sunglasses. His lips are the only 
index to his displeasure or satisfaction. If a shadow of constriction passes over them, it signifies that 
a group is perhaps not quite as tight as it should be. But the proximity of the general's plane has a 
quick effect.

"Nothing is missed by those large, unblinking dark eyes behind the sunglasses.".  Well, he did miss the fact that his insistence on landing well away from Arnhem Bridge doomed the operation (insofar as one decision can be said to have done so).

This Group Build has to happen for many reasons, not least the vast number and diversity of subject for a specific battle.  Maybe there needs to be more battle-specific GBs?  I always like them.

Yes, add me.

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2022 at 1:15 PM, Arniec said:

Count me in as well! As I am from the Arnhem region. I have got some models in my stash ☺️☺️☺️

Hi Arnold  thought you  would   be up for  this one all the best , Les ,

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am interested in this GB. 

I have got some kits in my stash for this ☺️. Thanks Wellzy for putting my attention for this GB. 👍

Cheers, 

• Like 1

• drdjp11 changed the title to 2024 Operation Market-Garden 80th Anniversary GB - 18 & counting