Will find myself an ocean, Sail into the blue - Trumpeter 1/32 Fairey Swordfish MK.I

44 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Nice, bet that's a biggun Alistair or have you got the Miniature Bread bin out again 😀 

Great Job fella 

Chris

Just trying to keep you on your toes and guessing Chris. :whistle:

Cheers,

Alistair

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Dandie Dinmont said:

Now that you've shown what you're capable of, I really think you should buy another one and build it with the transparent fuselage so all that lovely detail isn't hidden away. Shouldn't take you long now you've got the hang of it.

Craig.

Nice try Craig,

I'll take into consideration. :lol:

Cheers,

Alistair

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Looking lovely Alistair - this is a bit big for me storage-wise but also very tempting!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger,

I've no idea where I'm going to put it when it's finished but that's a problem for future me.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Haha 2

Not much happening here today.

A little seam work done and the empennage built up.

W5QATvB.jpg

A wee dry fit.

IWnJdFn.jpg

Not going much further with this today as i need to decide whether to use the Eduard photo-etch parts for this or not.

My concern being that they might not be strong enough to hold the rigging when I get round to it towards the end.

This is certainly a big beastie. 

A comparison with a 1/72 spitfire and some of the tail end.

1WgaEvE.jpg

Oof. No Idea where this is going to go.

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

It`s going to be fun though.

All looks good from here mate.

Stay safe.

Simon.

Thanks Simon,

Absolutely it will.

19 minutes ago, Winded Penguin said:

Wow, for me that's an interesting and surprisingly huge difference in size

Me too.

Cheers,

Alistair

Any progress is god Alistair,  looking at the size it will be impressive fella. 

Looking forward to seeing this progress. 

I don't know if they supply the tail rigging as PE but if they do like the Tamiya kit, where the rigging meets gge upper surface of the horizontal tail planes they are staggered either side of the wing rib with the forward wire being outside of the rib and the rear wire back a small distance and inside of the rib.  I have just added to mine and will post a pic or two once painted so you can see what I mean. I don't know how far you want to go with it

Chris

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Any progress is god Alistair,  looking at the size it will be impressive fella. 

Looking forward to seeing this progress. 

I don't know if they supply the tail rigging as PE but if they do like the Tamiya kit, where the rigging meets gge upper surface of the horizontal tail planes they are staggered either side of the wing rib with the forward wire being outside of the rib and the rear wire back a small distance and inside of the rib.  I have just added to mine and will post a pic or two once painted so you can see what I mean. I don't know how far you want to go with it

Chris

Thanks Chris.

The majority of the rigging is supplied but what's concerning me is the control wires from tail and rudder to the fuselage.

That's not supplied and will be Uschi rigging.

I'm still pondering as the PE stuff is much better.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AliGauld said:

Thanks Chris.

The majority of the rigging is supplied but what's concerning me is the control wires from tail and rudder to the fuselage.

That's not supplied and will be Uschi rigging.

I'm still pondering as the PE stuff is much better.

Cheers,

Alistair

Yes I know what you mean Alistair  re the PE rigging,  I might look at Prim knitting in elastic as also has the flat profile.  For the control wires invisible thread will still be good I think and will keep the control surfaces sturdy  too.

Chris

• Like 2

Alistair,

Crikey - it's a big unit! I know size doesn't matter, but this might be a bit too big for Chateau Dunny,

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dandie Dinmont said:

The comparison between the Spitfire and the tail plane was amazing. I had no idea this thing was so big.

Hang it from the ceiling? If your joists are up to it of course.

Craig.

Well, at least there's no nose weight required so it might hold if I bolt it in. ;)

1 minute ago, Dunny said:

Alistair,

Crikey - it's a big unit! I know size doesn't matter, but this might be a bit too big for Chateau Dunny,

Cheers,

Roger

It is smaller than the Sunderland but only a smidgeon. :D

Cheers,

Alistair