Eduard Nieuport 17 (Part one)

Morning all

Managed to complete this one last night which was the first one of a pair I've been working on (see thread Another attempt at a Nieuport)

Basically I started this one last year and made a pigs ear of the finishing so it was broken up and used as a test model. Whilst working on the second version I decided to resurrect it and sanded all the finish down, re-primed and rebuilt using some aftermarket decals. A few added details such as pipes and wheel hubs, but otherwise as Mr Eduard intended (I did carve a wooden prop from laminations of plywood though) 😉

Here's a few pics to look at -

K0UgspW9c-5bSPEGVonm1cOimiSECcYqaIa1lg7R674yBCcQ_uf1uy-gY19-ORT4Ljr-EqqfhDUenzhsxc6Hza8oG26kzTgPaqUWz8EuHIH7AA1RxEEu2y4wYJCE9JqGrlH6gVr5iYQd9uvH4DVSbwfEzmy9ZXJC

For anyone who wasn't aware and thought the prancing horse looked familiar. . . . Enzo approached the family of Count Baracca (who's aircraft this is) and asked if he could use the horse as his emblem on the cars he was building 🙂 I thought the story was cool and so chose this scheme rather than one of the others on the decal sheet; after all I've still got a couple of Nieuport 23's on the shelf (which is basically the same aircraft with a few tweaks) so I could always build another one . . . after these two)

Todlepip

Paul

• Like 23

Excellent work on your N17, Paul -

Well rigged too.  I also like your choice of Italian markings for one of Barraca's machines.

Regards

Dave

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Epeeman said:

Excellent work on your N17, Paul -

Well rigged too.  I also like your choice of Italian markings for one of Barraca's machines.

Regards

Dave

Thanks Dave

(There was a practical reason for the choice in that I couldn't match the green of the Italian roundel transfers on the Print Scale decal sheet - so win, win) 😀

7 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Very neat work! It looks a lot bigger than the coin suggests…

Kind regards,

Joachim

Cheers Joachim, appreciate it 👍

5 minutes ago, Courageous said:

Very nice, just the right amount of weathering in my book.

Stuart

Thanks Stuart

I'm always wary of overdoing it so decided to stop before I thought I'd done enough (I can always add more, but it's a devil to take off) 😀

• Like 1

On 14/08/2022 at 11:02, DaddyO said:

Morning all

Managed to complete this one last night which was the first one of a pair I've been working on (see thread Another attempt at a Nieuport)

Basically I started this one last year and made a pigs ear of the finishing so it was broken up and used as a test model. Whilst working on the second version I decided to resurrect it and sanded all the finish down, re-primed and rebuilt using some aftermarket decals. A few added details such as pipes and wheel hubs, but otherwise as Mr Eduard intended (I did carve a wooden prop from laminations of plywood though) 😉

Here's a few pics to look at -

K0UgspW9c-5bSPEGVonm1cOimiSECcYqaIa1lg7R674yBCcQ_uf1uy-gY19-ORT4Ljr-EqqfhDUenzhsxc6Hza8oG26kzTgPaqUWz8EuHIH7AA1RxEEu2y4wYJCE9JqGrlH6gVr5iYQd9uvH4DVSbwfEzmy9ZXJC

For anyone who wasn't aware and thought the prancing horse looked familiar. . . . Enzo approached the family of Count Baracca (who's aircraft this is) and asked if he could use the horse as his emblem on the cars he was building 🙂 I thought the story was cool and so chose this scheme rather than one of the others on the decal sheet; after all I've still got a couple of Nieuport 23's on the shelf (which is basically the same aircraft with a few tweaks) so I could always build another one . . . after these two)

Todlepip

Paul

Nice little thing.

Alain

• Thanks 1