Mk. XIVe - Finished and now a bonus Spitfire XIVc also finished.

23 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Welcome along Tony and thank you.

Thanks CC , very kind of you.  Very pleased with it so far.  I am unable to airbrush though CC and am in awe of you guys that can.

You got me there CC I can't translate that ??? I am intrigued 🤔 what does that mean CC ?

Thanks guys 

Chris

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

I lived down there for 4 years...

First part is Kiswahili but from Katanga....

Like every language Kiswahili or even Lingala have some alteration depending of the region...

So I asked @mark.au...

So, you are speaking Kiswahili ??

Where did you learn it ??

Stay safe !!

And then I used Lingala....

Spoken up north but used as the language for the military community....

The way I learned it since I worked with them....

then, are you also speaking lingala ??

You, Civilian where are you coming from ??

Nothing bad in it :rofl2:

Mwana Mayi is a nickname meaning Children of the river....

When you are an european, it mean that you are accepted and recognized as a member of the tribe....

To me, it was a source of pride....

But my main nickname was "Grand Niaww", litterally it mean big cat... But the real meaning is Leopard....

They called me that way because, I was everywhere I did'nt need to be, knowing things That I did'nt have to know.....

Sooooo @Dunny can ease down... I did'nt suffer a brain fart short :blah::blah::rofl2:

Mark used what we use to call Kiswahili "Borah", It's considered as academic Kiswahili....

I'm quite sure that @jean will know an other way for some of the words....

Thanks you all, folks, for the reminder of my shaky past....

Now, I still use it with my Zairese customer here in Belgium....

they always stay in awe !!!!

Man seriously ?? I use the airbrush because my hairy stick work was a complete mess....

And even with the old faithfull Badger, I'm not satisfied of my results...

Seeing the work of @giemme and @The Spadgent, I consider myself as an apprentice... And not a gifted one at that ...:crosseyed::crosseyed:

Well, tomorrow, I'll be back at the bench....

Sincerely.

digressing CC

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Mark used Google Translate, what we use to call Kiswahili "Borah", It's considered as academic Kiswahili....

I fixed that for you CC 😂

That’s really interesting CC, I think you should change your user name to Grand Niaww !

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

I lived down there for 4 years...

First part is Kiswahili but from Katanga....

Like every language Kiswahili or even Lingala have some alteration depending of the region...

So I asked @mark.au...

So, you are speaking Kiswahili ??

Where did you learn it ??

Stay safe !!

And then I used Lingala....

Spoken up north but used as the language for the military community....

The way I learned it since I worked with them....

then, are you also speaking lingala ??

You, Civilian where are you coming from ??

Nothing bad in it :rofl2:

Mwana Mayi is a nickname meaning Children of the river....

When you are an european, it mean that you are accepted and recognized as a member of the tribe....

To me, it was a source of pride....

But my main nickname was "Grand Niaww", litterally it mean big cat... But the real meaning is Leopard....

They called me that way because, I was everywhere I did'nt need to be, knowing things That I did'nt have to know.....

Sooooo @Dunny can ease down... I did'nt suffer a brain fart short :blah::blah::rofl2:

Mark used what we use to call Kiswahili "Borah", It's considered as academic Kiswahili....

I'm quite sure that @jean will know an other way for some of the words....

Thanks you all, folks, for the reminder of my shaky past....

Now, I still use it with my Zairese customer here in Belgium....

they always stay in awe !!!!

Man seriously ?? I use the airbrush because my hairy stick work was a complete mess....

And even with the old faithfull Badger, I'm not satisfied of my results...

Seeing the work of @giemme and @The Spadgent, I consider myself as an apprentice... And not a gifted one at that ...:crosseyed::crosseyed:

Well, tomorrow, I'll be back at the bench....

Sincerely.

digressing CC

Oh wow CC Thanks for explaining and what a fascinating experience and time  that must have been too.  

I have recently obtained a compressor and Airbrush from a very kind BMer  thank you Dennis @DMC, who kindly gifted this to me.  I have no idea how to use it all yet and will need to look at practising on something when I get some time.  

I am slightly anxious about using it, I know it's a bit daft really as I have sprayed a couple of 1:1 cars before so the Airbrush should be okay😉

8 hours ago, mark.au said:

I fixed that for you CC 😂

That’s really interesting CC, I think you should change your user name to Grand Niaww !

Agreed should be CC Grand Niaww!!!😉

Chris

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Sooooo @Dunny can ease down... I did'nt suffer a brain fart short 

CC, a fascinating insight into a previous life, and all obviously light-hearted. It's fascinating to learn what others have done with their time on this planet...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

I am slightly anxious about using it, I know it's a bit daft really as I have sprayed a couple of 1:1 cars before so the Airbrush should be okay😉

I'm sure you would be fine with an airbrush Chris, as you say you already know the principles from 1:1 work, it's not so different. But the downside (for me anyway) was losing my hairy stick skills and now I'm always envious of work like yours and Stix. And CC is also right, there are modellers out there whose work is so sublime as to make me wonder why I'm bothering. I guess the trick is to try to improve but be satisfied with what you achieve.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

I have recently obtained a compressor and Airbrush from a very kind BMer  thank you Dennis

Crikey - missed this pearler. Give it a go man! You'll never look back and leave us mere mortals in the shade...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looking at your Spitfire and my airbrushed Spitfire, I think I prefer yours, in the begining I had a love/hate relationship with my airbrush, it took years for me to get comfortable with it and for a lot of those years it sat in a cupboard being ignored.

Cheers

Dennis

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Johnson said:

I'm sure you would be fine with an airbrush Chris, as you say you already know the principles from 1:1 work, it's not so different. But the downside (for me anyway) was losing my hairy stick skills and now I'm always envious of work like yours and Stix. And CC is also right, there are modellers out there whose work is so sublime as to make me wonder why I'm bothering. I guess the trick is to try to improve but be satisfied with what you achieve.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Thanks Charlie, one thing I am looking forward to trying is weathering my model railway locos , although I have enjoyed doing this by brush up to this point.  I will get some practice in at some point, just not sure when at the mo!!!🤪

2 hours ago, Dunny said:

Crikey - missed this pearler. Give it a go man! You'll never look back and leave us mere mortals in the shade...

Thanks Roger, would certainly make painting larger aircraft and yellow ones a lot quicker😄 

2 hours ago, Russmeister 101 said:

Sigh for a Spitfire :D 

Cracking job!

Thanks Russ, I am pleased with it so far.

1 hour ago, spitfire said:

Looking at your Spitfire and my airbrushed Spitfire, I think I prefer yours, in the begining I had a love/hate relationship with my airbrush, it took years for me to get comfortable with it and for a lot of those years it sat in a cupboard being ignored.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Dennis, I am wondering how I will get on, I will have to work in the garage as don't have the permission of the domestic authorities to work indoors😉

Thanks guys 

Chris

• Like 3

Hi all

Matt coated the Spitfire,  although not as matt as I would like it to be , so will give another coat, it certainly has toned down the camouflage and tied it all together. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Only a few bits to go now.

Thanks for looking in

Chris

• Like 20

7 hours ago, mark.au said:

I’d say it looks spot-on Chris.  There’s just enough of a sheen to suggest this is a painted metal object rather than a plastic model.

6 hours ago, Dunny said:

Looking lovely Chris - I think what Mark said is spot on,

Cheers,

Roger 

Thanks Mark and Roger, pleased with the overall look, although I will need to matt it a  bit more otherwise the chipping pencil won't work on the more glossy surface, I will assess it  today in daylight. I did thin the acrylic varnish quite a bit, may be too much ??? 😃

Thanks guys

Chris 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AliGauld said:

Now that's looking beautiful.

Not far to go now.

Another masterpiece.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  very kind, getting there now, will get some chipping done later and the exhaust stains etc. Very pleased

Chris 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, spitfire said:

Looks great, I really like the late war 2nd TAF yellow outer ring roundels.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Dennis  they certainly add a bit of colour and are very striking.

53 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

He took the words right out of my mouth. 

John

😃 Thanks John, really pleased with the way it's looking now.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Winded Penguin said:

Me too!

Thanks WP, I am eager to build some further Spits, so watch this space .

6 hours ago, woody37 said:

That is lovely Chris. Last time I built a bubble top Spit, I didn't shave! Great inspiration to do one!

Thanks Neil, it is a lovely kit and certainly looks the part. Go on , build one, you know you want to 😉

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1