Mk. XIVe - Finished and now a bonus Spitfire XIVc also finished.

6 minutes ago, blueYeti said:

brush painting, you kidding me.....

dobra robota👏

Dziękuję blue Yeti, very kind.  Yes I don't yet have an Airbrush or compressor  and would be banished from the house for using such a thing indoors by the strict domestic authorities 😄😉

Thanks

Chris

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, blueYeti said:

I paint cheap Chinese aero stuff (can do 1mm line)  airbrush Iwata is over priced IMHO.

SWMBO is no happy about smell paint. She said paint smell how vomit🤣 

thx 

😄 Ahh yes, you must keep SWMBO sweet, you earn Brownie points which can be used for future purchases😉

Chris

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Fritag said:

I second Mark’s comment.

I’m still marvelling at the lovely patchy/faded look you’ve managed by brush with the dark green, Chris.  Sounding a bit like a stuck record I know - but there you go :D

😁Thanks Steve, very kind, it is not that hard to do, honest.  Very pleasing to look at afterwards 

8 hours ago, Winded Penguin said:

Just lovely. Exquisite paint, and the decals look marvelous.

I might even have to build another XIV with those same yellow roundels 😉

Thanks WP, very kind too, the decals were great, you won't regret buying another, you can never have too many Spitfires!!!😉

8 hours ago, Dunny said:

Lovely work Chris - those decals have really complimented your lovely paintwork. Not far off now!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, very kind of you too.  Pleased with how they look, hopefully not long now, as got to get my Gee Bee started in the GB😄

31 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

As you should be.

Looking beautiful.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair very kind fella.   Always loved the look of a Spitfire.  

Thanks guys, sorry for the late replies, have been in the office all day today  so not had a chance to get onto my phone at all.

Chris

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow Chris!  I'm sorry I haven't been able to keep up with this.  You've achieved a fantastic paint job, and without an airbrush.  That's impressive!  For comic relief I will sometimes get a hand brush out and paint stuff :D

This is a beautiful build!

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, opus999 said:

Wow Chris!  I'm sorry I haven't been able to keep up with this.  You've achieved a fantastic paint job, and without an airbrush.  That's impressive!  For comic relief I will sometimes get a hand brush out and paint stuff :D

This is a beautiful build!

Thanks Opus999, very kind  pleased with the paint job, I would struggle with an Airbrush myself.   

Thanks

Chris

• Like 1

Hi all

A bit of a crazy day today, but managed to get a photo or two of the Spitfire. 

Windscreen had first coat of aluminium 

spacer.png

Tyres smoothed off and UC installed

spacer.png

This is before I add the glad spots to hhe tyres

spacer.png

Door actuators added to tail wheel

spacer.png

Paint a couple of final bits and then the oil wash etc, close to the finish line on this one now

Thanks for looking

Chris

• Like 12

1 minute ago, mark.au said:

Absolutely beautiful, Chris (another important comma, not to say you’re not beautiful too…)

😄 Thanks Mark, really pleased with how it's looking, I tested the prop on it last night and blew on it to get it turning, looked great.  I may or may not have made some Spitfire engine noises too🙄

I have the perfect face for Radio😉

Chris

• Haha 5