Mk. XIVe - Finished and now a bonus Spitfire XIVc also finished.

3 hours ago, AliGauld said:

Nicely done. It's looking really good.

As always phenomenal brush work.

I really don't know how you do it but it's an absolute pleasure to watch coming together.

Cheers,

Alistair 

Thanks Alistair,  very kind, I always love the painting bit.

3 hours ago, mark.au said:

What he said ^^^

Thanks Mark, will speed up a bit now hopefully. Fingers crossed 🤞 

2 hours ago, Johnson said:

Ditto! :thumbsup:

Thanks Charlie 

1 hour ago, Terry1954 said:

Ditto all three aboce comments!

Terry.

Thanks Terry

1 hour ago, shortCummins said:

looking good Chris, I'm still in awe that you can get such smooth results with a brush 👍

rgds

John(shortCummins)

Thanks John , not ever used an airbrush, you guys that can use those are clever chaps when it comes to painting. 

1 hour ago, Dunny said:

Lovely work Chris - can't wait to see the camo on this one!

Thanks Roger, me too!!!😄  might be able to get the first coat on tonight hopefully. 

Thanks guys for your kind comments 

Chris

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

Also in awe of your brush painting skills. I sometimes brush paint 1/48 models but cheat slightly by spraying the varnish in the hope of hiding any brush marks.

John.  🇺🇦

PS: What paint are you using?

Thanks John , very kind .  I use Humbrol enamel paints and just thin them slightly so they level when  painted.  The varnishes I use are Johnsons Klear for the gloss and then Windsor and Newton  Galeria acrylic matt varnish to finish.  The Klear doesn't need thinning but I thin the Galeria with water to eliminate brush marks.

It does take a lot longer than airbrushing,  but the good thing is you don't need to mask the model apart from some hard demarcation lines. 

Thanks John

Chris

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Winded Penguin said:

I'm looking at a cracking WIP.

Cockpit looks very tasty. The fuel tank cover is spot on, with the realistic overlap 👍

Thanks WP that is really kind of you.  I have another one, with some PE and Resin aftermarket extras, although Airfix's cockpit is great on it's own.

Chris

• Like 1

I have just found this build Chris. She’s looking fantastic. The cockpit looks brilliant and the the extra wires you added are wonderful. I’ll tag along for the rest of the ride if that’s ok.

Johnny

ps. Great brush painting too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mark.au said:

Beautiful paintwork Chris, I always marvel at the finish you achieve, even as subtle a post-shade as I can get with an airbrush.

Thanks Mark , that's really kind, I do love the painting stages and trying to replicate a weathered paint finish is an enjoyable challenge .  

8 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

I have just found this build Chris. She’s looking fantastic. The cockpit looks brilliant and the the extra wires you added are wonderful. I’ll tag along for the rest of the ride if that’s ok.

Johnny

ps. Great brush painting too.

Thanks Johnny,  very kind too.  Hhe kit's cockpit is very well detailed so did not need to add much st all. Welcome along too.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Should start to look a bit better from now on .

'From now on'? It's been looking good from the start Chris - just sayin',

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1