Matchbox Privateer C Mk.IX

On 8/13/2022 at 5:00 PM, Marcello Rosa said:

I think the result is fantastic in every way, with special mention to the natural metal finish.

And knowing that every little window had to be carved out from the solid plastic, to think that of the three options you chose the one with most windows makes it "extra". Bonus points for difficulty.

re: "although it wasn't the easiest due to fuselage flex and copious amounts of filler" - I feel your pain. Someone should print a T-shirt "I built the Matchbox Privateer and survived"

Any chance you could show a photo of the underside? Or is it attached to the base?

Thanks, I did cheat with the windows though and used Micro Kristal Klear stuff rather than faffing about with clear bits!

I didn't take any of the underside so will get one done this week. There's a ruddy great bolt up front to prevent it from being a tale sitter so not glued to the base.

On 8/14/2022 at 3:24 AM, AdrianMF said:

Love the NMF and the weathering - it really brings it to life. I did one (as a US Coatstguard version) a few years ago so I know what you had to deal with on the way!

Regards,

Adrian

I remember your build well Adrian and liked the approach with the fully glazed nose, you took it to another level.

On 8/14/2022 at 5:33 AM, Konrad said:

Great painting! Looks REALLY good!
Can you write something about wire antennas? Especially how you did parts near to tail? Looks fantastic.

Thanks, I used the stretch wire stuff although can't remember what it's called, I picked it up from Telford several years ago. Superglue one end, let it dry then stretch slightly and glue at the other end. The thicker bits at the tail were built up with a bit of Mr Surfacer 500 and painted black :)

3 hours ago, Fritag said:

What with this and the B17 you’ve proved you’ve cracked this sort of finish, Neil.  You’ll have to share your secrets…. ‘snot fair ‘totherwise. :D

No secrets and very basic modelling compared to these state of the art UNPAINTED Hawks of yours 🤣 Loving the 3d stuff :)

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello Neil,

What can I say?  :hmmm:
Present us quickly with another of your magnificent constructions!  :worthy:
I think I am getting a little burnt out when I look at your models.  :shocked:

And I am happy too, because I finally bought this Matchbox model.

But I do not think I will show it to you.
Not after seeing this magnificent representation of this four-engine aircraft! :surprised:

Regards,

Eric-Snafu35

Thats looking wonderful! :goodjob: This is the version I was considering for my next one as I already have a Navy version with all the gun turrets, but I havent made up my mind yet!😉 Mine is also the Matchbox version but I have the Revell version of the same model which includes the French Canadian and US Navy versions also but I used the decals from the Revel one when the Matchbox decals disintegrated when I applied them! I rather like the Consolidated aircraft including the Privateer, it was an aircraft I liked the look of right away. This is a great scheme and very well done!👍