Matchbox Privateer C Mk.IX

Neil,

Lovely build and finish of what I am sure was a challenging kit! Great to see this unusual subject in RAF markings,

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1

Impressive in every which way Neil. Thats gotta be one of the best Matchbox Privateers / C-87’s going round. The paintwork and weathering is so realistic and a credit to your modelling abilities. 

Cheers and well modelled.. Dave 

• Like 1

Wowwww.

That is just beautful. Matchbox RY-3s are very rare. An RY-3 like yours is unheard of.

The Ginter/ Nicholas Veronico book on the Privateer talks at length about the RY-3. It had a chequered career, which seems odd as it appeared to be a sraightforward modification of the PB4Y-2.

-d-

• Thanks 1

I think the result is fantastic in every way, with special mention to the natural metal finish.

And knowing that every little window had to be carved out from the solid plastic, to think that of the three options you chose the one with most windows makes it "extra". Bonus points for difficulty.

re: "although it wasn't the easiest due to fuselage flex and copious amounts of filler" - I feel your pain. Someone should print a T-shirt "I built the Matchbox Privateer and survived"

Any chance you could show a photo of the underside? Or is it attached to the base?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, woody37 said:

Despite a break from modelling due to other commitments, I've finally got one done. Really enjoyed this one, although it wasn't the easiest due to fuselage flex and copious amounts of filler. Painted with MRP super silver. OOB apart from the props which came from an Eduard Overtree set for the CC B24 and generic decals from various sources. I also rescribed and riveted it as there is little surface detail on the original kit, particularly after hitting it with the filler! I posted it recently in the Matchbox Facebook group so anyone who's on there may of seen it, apologies if so.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Well done.

Alain

• Like 1

Great painting! Looks REALLY good!
Can you write something about wire antennas? Especially how you did parts near to tail? Looks fantastic.

• Like 1